The New Orleans Hornets Thread for 2009-10

Hornets flogged the Mavs 115-99 :worthy: :worthy:

CP3 had his first game back since knee surgery and had 11 points 3 assists in 21mins.

Thornton led the way once again with 28 points 4 rebounds 2 assists :woot:
West had a double double, 25 points 10 rebounds :thumbsup:

Great to see the hornets beat a very good team and I was also pleased that CP3 being back didnt hurt Thorntons scoring at all :D

Your kidding jacob there is no thornton auto/patch? He has to be the best 43rd pick ever!

Your kidding jacob there is no thornton auto/patch? He has to be the best 43rd pick ever!

Nope no Thornton auto/patch as yet. If they never make one for his rookie year and he ends up a super star then that will suck :mad:.
But on the other hand if he ends up a super star then his auto's will be very expensive because they havnt produced many ;)

marks? :blink: Yeah right :lol:

Hornets just beat the Worriors at home :thumbsup:

Thornton and West both had 28 points and Collison chipped in with a measly 20 assists :woot::woot:

AWW come on mate you know Marks is the man!! LOL

It's a shame he has been so injury plagued. He played some good minutes last year and performed well. Being a Kiwi and I am hopeful he will get picked up again next season!

AWW come on mate you know Marks is the man!! LOL

It's a shame he has been so injury plagued. He played some good minutes last year and performed well. Being a Kiwi and I am hopeful he will get picked up again next season!

:lol: I like your effort to try and backup a fellow Kiwi :D

Hornets lost to the Cavs but that was well expected.

CP3 only had 5 points and chipped in with 7 assists

Thornton started for the second game in a row and finally got 40+ mins. He top scored for the hornets again with 20 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists & a steal. He only shot 1-6 trays which was dissapointing but all in all he had a solid game on the stat sheet :thumbsup:
If the hornets continue to start Thornton he will no doubt begin to put up even bigger numbers.

He is now 3rd in the rookie rankings :worthy::worthy:

Hornets beat Lakers 108-100 :worthy::worthy:

Everyone played well and cp3 had his first double-double since returning from injury :woot:

Some interesting info:
Heres how the 2 hornets rookies match up against the leagues 3 most talked about rookies in points per game since FEB 01

Stephen Curry - 20.8 ppg
Marcus Thornton - 20 ppg
Tyreke Evans - 19.8 ppg
Darren Collison - 19.2 ppg
Brandon Jennings - 12.6 ppg

Yes i just found 2 marcus thorton rookie cards!:worthy:!! :p Love watching this kid play! man has he got some game!

Yeah hopefully we can win most of our remaining games and take some good form into next season. Thronton only need another 89 points to reach 1000 for the season :worthy:
Hopefully they re-sign Thornton before another team snaps him up!
A shooting gaurd who can shoot the 3 or go hard to the rack would be in high demand im guessing..

Chris Paul out for the rest of the season with a finger injury :(
Just what the hornets need after only just getting him back from his last injury!

Anyways the hornets know how to play without him and only just went down to the Bobcats today 104-103. Huge comeback effort and my main man Thornton had 36 points including a huuuuuge drive and dunk over Gerald Wallace that knocked wallace to the floor :worthy::worthy:

Collison tailed with 24 points 9 assists just missing anothe double/double.

I guess the good thing about cp3 being injured now that the hornets cant make the finals anyway is that it will give the rookies a few games at running the team again and try to end the season with some good stats :thumbsup:

Just saw the highlights, big dunk over wallace, put him on his arse :lol:

DJ killed ya in the last couple minutes, couple clutch baskets

Yeah was a sweet dunk alright :thumbsup:
Thats where we need cp3 in those close games to give a good pass for a layup or make a steal etc. The hornets should be strong next season ;)

Damn that dunk on Wallace was some good stuff.
Good to see my boy D.J lighting it up to seal the deal, some of that magic from his college days right there.

Did anyone tape the game by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom