The Last Dance thread - spoilers and discussion

:ermm:

ce4.JPG

Starting my 2nd watch through now. Stuff i missed/interesting points i will mention

Ep1

- damn MJ had some integrity and balls. Love when, on the podium after winning title 5 he's asked about coaches he flat out says he will not play for another coach. That's great
Yes he's the team leader etc but i love that he put that out there for Krause to hear.

- some of this music is great. It's like game of thrones, creates tension. So good.

- David Stern is great

- MJ rookie contract

Screenshot_20200520-214218.jpg

Last edited:
Ep2

- whenever they speak Michael Jordan they should speak Scottie Pippen. Powerful.

Pippen rookie contract

Screenshot_20200520-221636.jpg

Salary cap $12m at this time (1990?)

Last edited:
Just flicking through an old classic game today - who remembers Jordan playing WITH Bryon Russell on the Wizards?!?!?! Totally forgot that!

39 points here for MJ in the loss. Ugly ugly game.

MJbr2.jpg

MJbr.JPG

Interesting hearing of the talk in the Rodman episode as the greatest rebounder of all time - prior to 1995-96 season? doesn't sound right?

So he'd have had about 8200 career rebound by then after his 9th year??? that's a stretch without even doing any research I reckon?

rodman.JPG
rodman2.JPG

Finished up with about 12,000 good for 23rd on the all time list. Great rebound to outlet passer but that's a strong fkn list of rebounders there!

rodman3.JPG

rodman4.JPG

Ep 8 : Reggie Miller - great quote about retiring MJ

But MJ still won yeah?

Like the old adage, 'Champions find a way'.

MJ is a champion. He might be an utter **** but in the game, he certainly was a winner.

You'll find that many of the idols sport has nominated as the GOAT, they're usually ice cold, narcissistic, ultra competitive. Bradman comes to mind, in cricket.

But MJ still won yeah?

Like the old adage, 'Champions find a way'.

MJ is a champion. He might be an utter **** but in the game, he certainly was a winner.

You'll find that many of the idols sport has nominated as the GOAT, they're usually ice cold, narcissistic, ultra competitive. Bradman comes to mind, in cricket.

Yep. Just the way Reggie says it though is so cool.

"In my mind, this is it.You're going to retire Michael Jordan".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOxMursA-38

I’ll be honest. I don’t watch NBA (Other than finals last 4-5 years) and have just read this thread and others over past month as I had little to do.
Will say...NBA in 90s was MASSIVE.
The 92 Dream Team, Space Jam, cards in every corner shop. Card Crazy magazine. Sports Tonight on Ten. Singlets. Nike’s and high tops. Jordan Pippen Magic Rodman Barkley Shaq Penny Olajouwon Stockton Malone Ewing...there were 25-35 shit hot names.
Kobe Lebron...it won’t matter. Jordan was biggest name in world and everyone will always be referred back to him. Even when I’m 80, people who know nothing of basketball will know Jordan. Like Bradman...Jordan (wrong or right, stats or not) will be #1.
Even I, who knows very little of NBA gets 90s nostalgic with Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom