The "ideas for 2012 NRL Cards" thread

Select need to get there act together. Last year they only had one set of cards available. The footy cards went under back in 96 exceptions of fattys turn it up. An overkill in production of cards killed the value of the market. I believe Select need to have a rare subset, limited to only 100 cases. This would improve value of cards, and retain and increase value of these cards, instead of skipping a year they should introduce this set every Five years. I have turned off collecting the champions sets as to available in the market. 2011 the rare cards were the Star Signature limited to 600 (Is it Rare). I still collect my teams cards every year, and enjoy collecting cards. My set would be made up like this,

Platium Signature Cards - 96 - 6 Best players per club
Top Prospects - 16 - 1 Per club - Limited 75 per card
Award Signature Cards - 16 - 1 per club - limited 75 per card
All Star Signature Card - 5 - Limited 40 per card
Legends Signature Card - 5 - Limited 10 per card.

Cards for this set would cost more, but for the serious collectors would retain and increase in value as time went by. Anyway every collector of cards can dream.

Can only be good for collectors to have more competition in the market. Select may regret some of the rubbish they have fed us over the past couple years.

---------- Post added 16-11-2011 at 05:33 PM ----------

Although in saying that hopefully its not something like those ridiculous mini bats that Goldie released.

I think that having a couple more top end chase cards in a set would be a great idea except if they over do it it will make it frustrating and expensive for us collectors to get a master set lol

Back
Top Bottom