The "ideas for 2012 NRL Cards" thread

Even a set like the '94 Masters.... each team has best back, best forward, team captain, best rookie, top pointscorer.

The regular base card count would be low (16 x 5) but then flesh it out with themed subsets included in the base set.

The Predictor Cards could be of club coaches and the one who gets punted first, you get a nice little prize...maybe a swatch of their coaching parka...?

Even a set like the '94 Masters.... each team has best back, best forward, team captain, best rookie, top pointscorer.

The regular base card count would be low (16 x 5) but then flesh it out with themed subsets included in the base set.

Even though (IMO) Dynamic cards always looked horrible they always had plenty or original ideas.

I would like to see in the 2nd set, but I will never happen - a Dual Auto - Past & predsent greats - eg.
ET/Gallen, Price/Hindmarsh, etc

Series 2 - Needs an insert that is 1:2 boxes. Something like the old legend diecuts from '06 that were numbered to 175. I could whinge and complain about the same old CPOY and TOTY but we've all been there. Perhaps series 2 needs some type of parallel set again next year too.

EXACTLY! When Strike came out those 2 points were my main problem with this set. Nobody else seemed to care. When you are buying by the case these things really do matter. The 1 in 2 box insert also makes it more appealing buying boxes from searched cases.
I wouldnt be expecting any new ideas but it would be nice if they finished the Star Sigs in the champions (Obviously for the teams that missed out) and i wouldnt be mad if they finished off Captains Sigs from 2009.

Gday all

I thought an idea thread would be a good.... idea....

Here we can throw in some ideas that we think Select should use for their 2012 set/sets, and maybe Select might see it and take some on board.

BAHAHAHAHA... Select take it on board.

This thread has been done and trust me... Select are perfect... according to them.

Even though (IMO) Dynamic cards always looked horrible they always had plenty or original ideas.

I can't think of many Dynamic cards I don't like the design of. 1997 I guess, but those die-cut ones look quite cool!

They had great ideas for their cards, and the designs, while of the time, were cool!

Personally I loved the Dynamic era ... at least the cards were exciting, not the same thing five years in a row.

---------- Post added 16-11-2011 at 12:07 AM ----------

EXACTLY! When Strike came out those 2 points were my main problem with this set. Nobody else seemed to care. When you are buying by the case these things really do matter. The 1 in 2 box insert also makes it more appealing buying boxes from searched cases.
I wouldnt be expecting any new ideas but it would be nice if they finished the Star Sigs in the champions (Obviously for the teams that missed out) and i wouldnt be mad if they finished off Captains Sigs from 2009.

Completing the Star Sigs from series one would have been the obvious 1 in 2 box insert to inclde in series two, I was gutted they didn't have ANYTHING! Kinda killed the release for me ... along with a terrible Top Prospect selection for the Knights, it was probably the worst second series ever for me.

Completing the Star Sigs from series one would have been the obvious 1 in 2 box insert to inclde in series two, I was gutted they didn't have ANYTHING! Kinda killed the release for me ... along with a terrible Top Prospect selection for the Knights, it was probably the worst second series ever for me.

Yeah it was obvious considering they thought double troubles were good enough for series 2:mad:
Gone are the days where every few years there was a Joey sig :lol:

Well I am looking forward to the 2012 Champions as the series 1 release. Now lets go outside the box and say no traditional series 2 release, maybe an ARL 4 Nations release with some auto's from all four teams and a Lockyer tribute card................lol

BAHAHAHAHA... Select take it on board.

This thread has been done and trust me... Select are perfect... according to them.

Have heard ESP mentioned alongside a 2012 NRL release, so keep the ideas coming I reckon. NRL are about the only type of cards that I don't collect, but would have a good look if something fresh entered the Australian market.

Have heard ESP mentioned alongside a 2012 NRL release, so keep the ideas coming I reckon. NRL are about the only type of cards that I don't collect, but would have a good look if something fresh entered the Australian market.

Anyone know more about this?

I have heard they are releasing a premium AFL set with game used memorabilia etc. No idea on NRL though.

Not sure it's ESP doing the AFL release. I hit them up directly on Twitter and got this:

@EliteSportsProp: 'no immediate plans but watch this space for NRL trading cards 2012!'

Well they dont have much to beat. I think this can only be a positive thing and hopefully Select will be forced to lift their game.
Game used would be a must, afterall it is 2011.

Back
Top Bottom