The "ideas for 2012 NRL Cards" thread

ch0pzta

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
Gday all

I thought an idea thread would be a good.... idea....

Here we can throw in some ideas that we think Select should use for their 2012 set/sets, and maybe Select might see it and take some on board.

Heres some from me:

* include themed subsets in the 'base' cards...
* State of Origin inserts
* Foil printed signature cards for "club player of the year" included with team in base set (like the 'MVP' cards in series 1 1994)
* Predictors as usual, same rules etc
* 1 per box Top Prospect sigs as usual
* some kind of ultra rare card inserted at one per 10 cases or something

Ill post more later, and i look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

i had sugested this sort of thing before

Base Set (9 or 18 cards) to fit evenly into the pages
Stars of Origin (9) 4 from ea team with an extra card of the winning captain holding the trophy
Intenational Heroes (9) (ie covering all 4 nation countries ) 2 from ea team with an extra card of the winning captain holding the trophy
Awards #/400
Top Prospects #/300
Predictors #/300
Jersey Swatch (4) #/200
Jersey Swatch Signatures (4) #/100
Awards Sigs #/100
Captains Sig (4) #/50
Dual Legends (2 players from 1 club) #/25
Treasure #/5

I would like a toyota cup signature card limit of 100. 2 players per team - so 32 players??. In future one goes on to be a star be worth heaps. Good to get a sig and follow that young players career.

Darren

i like the idea off the 2 toyota cup per team sigs maybe for the first set and i think the rookie cards were good idea this year added alot to the usually boring champions set. like the top prospects 1 a box for series 2 and wouldnt mind seeing a subset off the all star game, also would like the series 2 cards other then the captain and star play maker to be players from your team that werent in the first set

They should also have the solid thick feel the Strike cards have. How often are the cards like that?

state of origin subset
something on the lines of the fab 4 subset the afl had. ie. the top 4 players of each team
continue on the past heroes set of 2008.
if select decides to continue on with mascot/stardom gems, please when a player has been done move on to another player!!!
for series 2 add a subset thats 1:2 pack ratio like a fab 4!!
if the champions series is to remain, every inperfection in the base cards were really noticeable in the 2011 set, go back to the 2010 that wasnt as noticeable and had a better gloss and feel to them.

Hmmm - i love the optimism. Call me a party pooper but here's what i think we can expect.

Champions
More rubbish looking common cards
a parallel set
Another Rookie set (I have been told another series of this is in the works)
more gem cards
More star signatures

Series 2
Team of the year
Club player of the year
top prospects
award winners
predictors

i think a michael gordon subset. maybe 10 - 15 insert cards displaying his brilliance.

I would collect that. Hes my favourite player. IMO he fills the gap Ryan Girdler left.

Have a Nathan Hindmarsh card showing his enormous arscrck, With a slogan on the back like, Guess what im hiding???? ANd girds, i think ythe only way to make you happy is to just have a 220 cards set of Micky Gordon, In all different poses!!!!!

Hmmm - i love the optimism. Call me a party pooper but here's what i think we can expect.

Champions
More rubbish looking common cards
a parallel set
Another Rookie set (I have been told another series of this is in the works)
more gem cards
More star signatures

Series 2
Team of the year
Club player of the year
top prospects
award winners
predictors

Series 1 - The Gems are painful. Select has done the same thing to acetate cards that the US market did to Game Used Fabric cards. They've been waaay over produced to lose their appeal. 2010 Champions had 3 different versions of acetate cards (Sensation Gems, Superstar Gems and Diamond Gems). I remember as a kid getting an acetate card and being so impressed (The old X-Men series). If they had of kept it to once every 2-3 years they would still hold that appeal today.
For Series 1 i'd like to see a higher insert ratio per box. 2011 Champions consisted of 7 inserts per 36 packets...that's not enough in my opinion, especially when the AFL series which costs the same amount to purchase had 11 inserts per pack.

Series 2 - Needs an insert that is 1:2 boxes. Something like the old legend diecuts from '06 that were numbered to 175. I could whinge and complain about the same old CPOY and TOTY but we've all been there. Perhaps series 2 needs some type of parallel set again next year too.

Series 1 - The Gems are painful. Select has done the same thing to acetate cards that the US market did to Game Used Fabric cards. They've been waaay over produced to lose their appeal. 2010 Champions had 3 different versions of acetate cards (Sensation Gems, Superstar Gems and Diamond Gems). I remember as a kid getting an acetate card and being so impressed (The old X-Men series). If they had of kept it to once every 2-3 years they would still hold that appeal today.
For Series 1 i'd like to see a higher insert ratio per box. 2011 Champions consisted of 7 inserts per 36 packets...that's not enough in my opinion, especially when the AFL series which costs the same amount to purchase had 11 inserts per pack.

Series 2 - Needs an insert that is 1:2 boxes. Something like the old legend diecuts from '06 that were numbered to 175. I could whinge and complain about the same old CPOY and TOTY but we've all been there. Perhaps series 2 needs some type of parallel set again next year too.

I think those sensation gems are the worst looking insert in the last few years...they look really cheap

in the way of award winners i wouldnt mind seeing cards based around stats e.g Top tryscorer, top point scorer, most linebreaks, most tackles etc as a card subset

or even like the old 1995 subsets when they had speed demons etc

just throwing it out there...

Agree on the Gel cards. They were first introduced in 1994 and they are still putting that rubbish out 17 years later. I would love to see gameday jersey patch cards again but Select does not want to introduce them.

Back
Top Bottom