The Hobby Hangout Sydney - Sat 29th May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you live in Sydney,there has been a young man at Blacktown trash and treasure markets every 2nd Sunday selling a huge assortment of Pokemon cards.He should be there this Sunday.Also at collector con this Sunday I would say you should be able to pickup Pokemon cards.
Thanks for letting me know. Sunday is out for me but still really looking forward to Saturday. I may need to check out these markets and the next show.

I believe all the tickets have been sold excpet for less than 100 tickets left and there won't be any tickets sold at the door.

I am not sure how many tables there will be but the event will be over 3 levels, but if you look at the current flyer i understand there to be quite a few traders listed there (perhaps up to 30 odd) including myself as DGCollectables. See you there!
Ok sounds like it will likely be the largest event. Hopefully this will be the start of many more in the future.

Thanks for letting me know. Sunday is out for me but still really looking forward to Saturday. I may need to check out these markets and the next show.
Blacktown Markets isnt too far from me, is there any basketball cards there?

Also same as Connor.
We were driving up on Friday from Melbourne and have had to cancel.

As such if anyone is interested I have 4 x Adult Tickets that would sell the lot for $100.
Also have 4 x Adult tickets for the Kings vs United game that would sell under face value.

Thanks
Chris

Really looking forward to this, as a show like this hasn't been done since 1995

Will have sealed boxes and packs of the usual sport and some non sport

Have a fill up from shoebox PROMO, which has rookies, inserts and lots of jerseys into this count box which holds between 20 and 30 cards
(that value will be worked out tomorrow morning)
trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_victoria_shoebox_promo.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_albums_folders_TCAC.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_NRL_elite_traders_foot...jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_victoria_5000ct_boxes_2.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_victoria_nba_sets_1.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_victoria_pokemon_team_art_set.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_geek_markets_canberra_mixed_prizm_lot_1.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_geek_markets_canberra_mixed_box_lot_2.jpg

Okay here is an attempt at our thoughts the (early) morning after the show:-

Wow; what a busy day at The Hobby Hangout trading card event today (well yesterday now being 1:30am). It was non-stop from when we arrived at 9:20am to unload boxes after boxes of product from the transport to the venue, set up all the custom-designed promo material, place all the boxes, packs and supplies on the table in some meaningful order just in time for the 11am doors open.

Great to see so many new faces and old come out to support our hobby and say hello and maybe even grab a thing or two from our stall. Even though we were running on 3 hours sleep preparing for the big day, we were on adrenalin up until the 4:30pm pack up. All the recent months, weeks and late nights clocked on after our 9-5 square jobs getting everything ready for this massive day was time well invested.

We wanted to send some big special thanks to our amazing promo graphic designer, Dylan Newling for making the pull up banner and table cover look so crisp and visually-appealing. To the organisers, Andrew and Chris (and even the loading dock crew Clive and his mate), thank you for putting on such a professional show with the all the perks and trimmings you take for granted from such seasoned promoters. A big shout out to our mate, Jugo S for taking a Saturday out of his busy schedule to lend us a hand to man the stall and all. Without his expert tetris skills getting product in and out of cars and on display as well as spruiking all the product, it wouldn't have been the success it was today. And of course we couldn't do this without the unconditional support of our partners and children; thank you for letting us chase our hobby dreams.

And last and not least; we salute you, the hobby collector and lifeblood of the community who attended the Hobby Hangout show. Without your support, today's gala show would not have been possible. So thank you and hope to see you again at the next show in the not so distant future!
🙂

Table Manned.jpg

I had an absolute blast!! The Hobby Hangout was a huge success in my eyes.

The line to get in was huge which was a great sign! Once the doors opened the line moved quickly. My view from my spot in line 😂
EC6E3073-795E-423B-A583-26F79BCE4E80.jpeg

Getting closer:
9AEBC890-5C8A-4991-B1D3-8540BAF76325.jpeg

You could tell it was sold out as there just enough space to move inside at its peak.
4AE1134E-DEF6-4403-94AF-E15DC1DC634D.jpeg

930BC68F-E3E9-4305-B8D0-58232DC9E78C.jpeg

The space itself was huge, spanning over 3 floors. Even at its busiest you could still make your way around. Well done to the organisers for getting it right.
1492A4EC-D29E-45F2-AAD8-0535C7BF140A.jpeg

046DBA7F-EC0E-408C-9D87-595677C5AD7A.jpeg
7AE5FDDA-F08E-4DF0-A14E-84602A440D22.jpeg

There were plenty of vendors/tables and a good mix of NBA and Pokémon. There was a bit of baseball and some soccer too. Plenty of rest areas and places to get fresh air.

They had dedicated trading zones setup which was a nice touch.
0831D0E8-C1A9-49E1-B677-724FF26D1814.jpeg

BB43797B-0A46-4979-B7A4-94F0BD0838B9.jpeg

I have to say the vendors did an amazing job too. They were super busy all day and I visited a couple of them multiple times throughout the day and their excitement and enthusiasm never changed, it’s like they were just as excited about the hobby hangout as us!

The top floor had a full bar and a great area setup for the live streams.
3429191C-4284-44BF-9494-CE2511666A42.jpeg

The highlight for me personally was the Tyson Beck live stream. I thought it was fantastic and really interesting. I would recommend everyone give it a watch if you can find it online.

It was great to be surrounded by likeminded collectors, investors, vendors and enthusiasts. If you haven’t attended a show before it’s less daunting than you think, I went solo and met a lot of great people who were happy to talk cards.

Apologies the photos aren’t anything special, they were taken quickly upon entry before everyone filled the space. From then on I was too busy wandering around, shopping and chatting away 😅

Hi all,
The show was fantastic. The line was long to get in but did moved quite quickly. Early on you could hardly move. There were many stalls selling all kinds of cards, my only slight complaint was there was not much soccer.
Also a big shout out to "TheCardExperience" AKA Jamie who made my 7 year old daughters day by giving her a bunch of Pokemon cards. We were there from 11.00am until 4.00pm and then when we came home she spent a god 2 hours going through them. Thanks so much buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom