The Hobby Hangout Melbourne

If you're a kid I have a 5 free cards box.

And then you can buy 7 from my $1 box
kid crying GIF

Hope you all enjoy the show. If you are one of the ones lucky enough to attend.. make sure you go check out Jaidyn's full blank slate set that will be on display! 👏 Oh and if you see the Rip N Collect boys getting around doing their live podcast try get on and give OzCardTrader a shoutout :cool:

Fingers crossed it’s better when I’m done from a local restaurant 🤣

Benefits of 9am starts, helps spread out the attendees throughout the day . Though maybe I’m showing my age preaching for early starts 🤣

Nice place for a card show however was a bit tight and expected a few more vendors still one of best fairs in years. Basketball was the go however saw plenty of AFL and Pokemon was big...EJ cards were great and shout out to Cherry's had some good deals along with the $5 cards. The trading area's could be used a bit more and improved with matching up potential trades. The Food Van were okay though ran out of drinks however was always the Bar for those with too much money.
Actually getting a rookie baseball card graded through PSG so see how that goes. Limited baseball & Hockey Aust market not big enough and not enough cards options for the girls. Entry not cheap but well worth attending I didn't find that Wanda Franco signature maybe next time..

Looked like a great show from all the social posts. I feel like those who are most likely to utilise the trading zones have actually purchased tables as vendors since they have alot to move.. which in turn leaves the trading zone with less potential traders. Perhaps they can look at setting up of those vendors as trade only and incentivise it by reducing the table cost for them in that area.

Had a fun day out with my sons. A really good vibe, and it was nice that despite it being packed that it was easy enough to get around and see everything. Vendors offering up free cards to children was unexpected, but very appreciated. Those 'hand picked' boxes that Cherry were selling were pretty great. There wasn't much NRL, but I was happy to pick up a bunch of Rabbitohs singles. The BBQ van was handy too!

Was great to see a lot of the older hobby guys floating around today,

Trading area could have done with some larger tables to make it a little easier to see what was there.

So many more people attending than I thought would be there, shoutout to @drobfan8 too for the deal as well, was good to meet you.

Good luck to all the folks in Qld for next weekend

Had a fun day out with my sons. A really good vibe, and it was nice that despite it being packed that it was easy enough to get around and see everything. Vendors offering up free cards to children was unexpected, but very appreciated. Those 'hand picked' boxes that Cherry were selling were pretty great. There wasn't much NRL, but I was happy to pick up a bunch of Rabbitohs singles. The BBQ van was handy too!
Great write up and sounds like boys had a good day, yeah l had eye on cam Smith for $100 but a little pricey for the budget. Defenitly go to next card show

Was great to see a lot of the older hobby guys floating around today,

Trading area could have done with some larger tables to make it a little easier to see what was there.

So many more people attending than I thought would be there, shoutout to @drobfan8 too for the deal as well, was good to meet you.

Good luck to all the folks in Qld for next weekend

Great to meet you too mate.

It was so quiet before the floodgates opened. Then it was rammed.

Apparently the Hobby is dying according to some on here though. Haha.

It was nice after lunch though.

Bring on Brissy.

I'll do a write up when I get a chance

Back
Top Bottom