The Hobby Hangout Melbourne

drobfan8

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Hi all,

I figured this needs it's own thread and there has been very little chat about this on the boards.

I have a spare ticket if anyone wants a freebie. Please claim in here first but you have to go and not waste it.

I'll hopefully take some pictures and share here afterwards. Especially with the Brissy show up next.

Anybody going to either of these?

Thanks mate. I was just about to post that my lazy arse googled it. This Sunday. I'd love to go. Maybe if I'd known earlier I could've. I live in an open air prison farm( WA). Travelling from here is not as simple as it was prior to Covid. I managed to get to Melbourne late Feb 2020 just before everything got locked down. Itching to get back.

I should just go and be damned with the consequences. Truly sick of Perth. Going to Melbourne is finally possible but getting back into WA is no cakewalk. Have to be triple vaxxed and show a negative test 24 hours before returning plus you then have to self isolate for 7 days when you get here! And you have to have family in WA or you can't come here. It's f...nuts what has happened in WA.

I'm only double vaxxed so there goes that idea. Hopefully these shows become more regular because I'd love to attend one. Hope everyone has a great time. I'm certain it will be successful.

There's precious little fun over here. Hopefully there will be some youtube content which covers the show. I love nothing more than watching youtubers cover shows in the US. And hopefully they have another show in Melbourne this year - preferably around the Spring Carnival😎

I'm going as well

Got a table to help support the show and hopefully we see more of these on the regular (Table 43A)

Nice work man.

What's on your table? I am so keen to get around to them all for a look.

I think I'm table 22.

I'll have some hard copies of BCF (Basketball Card Fanatic) magazine and some basketball cards out.

I'll be hoping to buy a nice card or 2 that's for sure.

Nice work man.

What's on your table? I am so keen to get around to them all for a look.

I think I'm table 22.

I'll have some hard copies of BCF (Basketball Card Fanatic) magazine and some basketball cards out.

I'll be hoping to buy a nice card or 2 that's for sure.
I'm still trying to decide what to bring as I don't know what to expect from the show - but I'll definitely have graded sgc/psa slabs of current Lamelo, Antman, Lebron, Kobe, Luka etc and mix in some older players like chris paul, yao ming, bird, kareem etc

then also a bunch of raw ultra modern

But also very keen to get some deals done on other tables - this needs to be over 2 days lol
Nice man will have to check out your cards for sure and see what BCF is all about

I'm hoping to add a PSA 8 or thereabouts Jordan Scoring Kings if anyone has one at the show.

I'll hopefully find some other PC items I'm chasing from Exquisite.

Will be looking to cut deals on the cards I have.

3 sleeps to go!

Seems like we need some Ozct name badges so we know who all the good buggers are at the show!

Hopefully it all goes well, will be bringing a few bits and pieces with me and hopefully get some deals done.

@drobfan8 bring me down some Dwights

Seems like we need some Ozct name badges so we know who all the good buggers are at the show!

Hopefully it all goes well, will be bringing a few bits and pieces with me and hopefully get some deals done.

@drobfan8 bring me down some Dwights

Man I'm not sure I have 1 single Dwight any more.

You never know what I'll find though

I’ll be travelling down to have a look. Anyone going to be bringing any Jordan’s to sell or trade? 👀😂

Are tickets available at the door?

I'll probs go take a peek at Brisbane, hope it's decent. Not after anything in particular but wouldn't mind a decent raw card or two if something catches my eye.

I’ll be travelling down to have a look. Anyone going to be bringing any Jordan’s to sell or trade? 👀😂

Are tickets available at the door?
Not sure about tickets at the door but about 35 still for sale online

I will be there, looking forward to the speakers and seeing the set up going to check out what the bigger stalls like EJ cards have to offer

Back
Top Bottom