Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
1649827255465.png

๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ป ๐˜‚๐—ฝ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ โ†’ https://bit.ly/THH-SU

๐Ÿ’– ๐— ๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—•๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ก๐—˜!
We can't wait to announce our new show on Tuesday 5th July!
๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ป ๐˜‚๐—ฝ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ https://bit.ly/THH-VIC to be the first to be notified and access early bird pre sale tickets.

๐ŸŽ‰ We'll be opening up some new areas at the Melbourne Pavilion and have some surprises in store!

๐—ฆ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ: Sunday 21 August - Melbourne Pavilion
๐—™๐˜‚๐—น๐—น ๐—”๐—ป๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜: Tuesday 5 July 3pm AEST

Early bird pre sale begins : Tuesday 5 July 3pm
Tickets on sale Thursday 7 July 9am AEST

FB_IMG_1656825594437.jpg

Mostly a positive experience again this time around. Unfortunately was on a bit of a time constraint so didn't get to spend as much time as last time.

Great to see so many people in the hobby as it was packed again, which was a bit of a negative as well, probably wasn't quite enough space between the tables on the two sides and leave enough space for people to walk in the middle.
Parking near the pavilion again looked pretty hectic, learning from last time though I just drove by and parked up by the railway and made the short walk which was fine.

Was plenty of cards but seemed to be a lot of prizmy shiny stuff at the higher end of the price range. Alot of the same "older" cards from the last hangout.

Not sure I got the value of the ticket this time around.
The above probably comes off a little negative and it's not really supposed to.

I definitely appreciate the effort and the time to put something like this on and it looked like most of the people were having a great time.

Defo not value in the ticket this time.

I struggled with the budget boxes due to so many people around and a lack of credit card options from places.

CBF pulling my cards out to trade.

I didn't like the space expand to pretty much the entire location and there was no real place to just sit and gather thoughts.

Needs to be at a new place with better lighting

Trading areas looked packed this time, I didnt get a chance to have a wonder around there but looked to be some deals going down.
But agree on the no space to really just regather your thoughts, every time I stopped I felt like I was in someone's way and everytime someone else stopped they were in my way.

Trading areas looked packed this time, I didnt get a chance to have a wonder around there but looked to be some deals going down.
But agree on the no space to really just regather your thoughts, every time I stopped I felt like I was in someone's way and everytime someone else stopped they were in my way.
It wasn't a trading area. It was more stalls

The trading area was 1 table near the toilets.

I went completing the trifecta of Hobby Hangouts (Melb, Syd and Bris) and agree with the comments above, terrible lighting in most spots and lack of trading space. Same as above I didn't even get cards to try and trade.

Majority of the smaller sellers would work with you on deals which was cool, and plenty of things to look through and some good buys to be found, overall a good experience but definitely needs a new bigger location with some decent lighting.

I went completing the trifecta of Hobby Hangouts (Melb, Syd and Bris) and agree with the comments above, terrible lighting in most spots and lack of trading space. Same as above I didn't even get cards to try and trade.

Majority of the smaller sellers would work with you on deals which was cool, and plenty of things to look through and some good buys to be found, overall a good experience but definitely needs a new bigger location with some decent lighting.

How does Melb compare to the other two?

I agree the lighting was horrible. My tables were located in the old trading section in the corner and if it wasn't for all the legends visiting my table and using their camera torches then I would have had a tough time.

However I did even more deals this time around and it was a massively fun and positive day meeting so many collectors.

I can't wait for Brissy. I'm gonna go kid free and put in my best effort.

Will hopefully spend a lot of time in the trade zone, although most people have a lot of modern stuff.

This must be how it felt for the older 86 Fleer collectors when us 90s crew came through. ๐Ÿ˜…

I would like to see them limit wax sellers. Zaps a lot of $$$ which mainly goes to Panini.

I can't wait for Brissy. I'm gonna go kid free and put in my best effort.

Will hopefully spend a lot of time in the trade zone, although most people have a lot of modern stuff.

This must be how it felt for the older 86 Fleer collectors when us 90s crew came through. ๐Ÿ˜…

I would like to see them limit wax sellers. Zaps a lot of $$$ which mainly goes to Panini.

malcom tucker GIF

How does Melb compare to the other two?

Might not like to hear it.... but the Sydney show was better in my opinion. I went to the Sydney show last year tho, so not sure on this years one. The Brisbane one has an excuse as wild weather and flooding event happened that kept a lot of people away... will have to do the loop again and get back to you lol!

Might not like to hear it.... but the Sydney show was better in my opinion. I went to the Sydney show last year tho, so not sure on this years one. The Brisbane one has an excuse as wild weather and flooding event happened that kept a lot of people away... will have to do the loop again and get back to you lol!
Why was it better?

TBH, it wouldn't take much. A bit of extra room and better lighting would make Melbourne heaps better

Back
Top Bottom