The Australian cricket non-official thread!

First Aussie 5-0 whitewash overseas in 11 years. Well done lads. A fantastic series and awesome for their confidence for the WC. Maxi, Finch and Khawaja impressive with the bat. Zampa impressed with the ball.
In other news Warner smashed 100no in the IPL, are the selectors going to find a spot for him and Smith?

Excellent article. A lot of truths about Aussie masculinity and ideology. As a junior coach I'm bucking the sledging trend. I don't allow it. It's funny how some parents are aghast...it's banter, it's psychological, it's keeping everyone up. Sorry we don't do it other than a well bowled, good fielding. Funny how a lot of other parents quietly tell you they like what I do with the kids...they respect them more not being mouthy. We played a game where some things were said and a week later the team thought they'd mimic it. Ha! Lasted one ball and they got told no. Firmly. Not another peep.

Agree with Warner. Away from field he's lovely, friendly and a good conversationalist. On field. ..well...the behaviours just aren't needed.

Australia needs to take a good look at itself tbh. Stop the hypocrisy and blatant poor sportsmanship.

Had to wryly chuckle about Trott though. He was a gobby fella who got a dose of his own medicine.

Who hit the most boundaries? Seriously? What a disgraceful way to win/end a world cup. If they want to use a count back system then use wickets lost which i think is more important than boundaries hit. England had no wickets left at the end of their innings, NZ were only 8 down. NZ have every right to be pi55ed off at that result.

It was just gutting. England did nothing wrong, we had some bad luck, we did the wrong things at the wrong times, some umpire decisions that didn’t go our way and some rules would best described as relatable to back yard cricket......but those are the breaks and it’s back to the drawing board.

It was just gutting. England did nothing wrong, we had some bad luck, we did the wrong things at the wrong times, some umpire decisions that didn’t go our way and some rules would best described as relatable to back yard cricket......but those are the breaks and it’s back to the drawing board.
I'm hoping they revisit the rules around this.... Bit of a sh*t for it to be decided the way it was.. On the plus side, the gals are serving it up to the Poms and have the ashes tucked under the belt!! Now for a series whitewash!!!

One of the great clashes between old dog Smith and newbie Joffra, but shocking display of contempt and unsportsmanlike behaviour to walk away after knocking the crappers out of Smith in the head/neck... At least decency shown by other pommy players to get in around smith in the deck....

One of the great clashes between old dog Smith and newbie Joffra, but shocking display of contempt and unsportsmanlike behaviour to walk away after knocking the crappers out of Smith in the head/neck... At least decency shown by other pommy players to get in around smith in the deck....

he's not paid to care, he's paid to play cricket and dismiss the batsman

Really???!!! Paid to play cricket within the laws of the game of the ECB and governing bodies, which includes sportsmanship. And a *retired hurt* doesn't count as a dismissal on his stats, so a pretty useless and weak play IMHO. Most accurate description of him so far is "Sh*t C**t", in the same vein as Kohli and Warner for their ego being bigger than the tradition and beauty of the game. Who the hell wants to go back to Bodyline or see another Phil Hughes incident?? Joffra's bowling was aiming to maim not to get wickets... Blow to Smith's arm - gotta hurt, but legit delivery and fair game. Joffra is a fast bowler, by his very selection is the team can control his flight, speed, bounce and so on. He has a duty imposed on him as an English First Class cricketer to play the ball, not the man. His actions to head hunt are deliberate, measured and controlled... He knows what he is doing. His inaction in failing to check in ANY way on the injured when he was clearly hit HARD (look at the replay of Smiths head rocketing back) shows the man is lower than a snakes belly and is a contemptuous ahole... Now, that's just my opinion, and anyone else can think what they want, but the attitudes "we" reflect to what we see is taken in by kids or young folk around us who think it's "the norm", and they follow suit.... Do you want your kids, niece or nephews to have their head taken off at cricket as part of "the norm"?

Wow, ANOTHER all-time classic game of cricket. Got to take your hat off to Stokes - though we’ll live to rue a number of errors.

Back
Top Bottom