The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Great spectacle, that Bryant is definitely one to watch moving forward. Not only is he a clean striker and hard hitter but he is developing some smarts. Apparently he was a gun league player also.

Very happy for Cutting. Being a Heat fan he just cops it on the forums, great to see him shut those keyboard warriors up.

Now lets hope results go their way and we get to see Baz go around again!

Meredith out Faulkner in for the finals. His first half of the season was pretty good but the last 2 games he’s lost the plot. Too many wides and no balls and can’t hit a consistent length when he needs to.

Hopefully the Stars get up today.
Would hate to see the Heat qualify simply because they refused to play 2 overs to get a result when they knew chances were they would loose the match.
Either way looks like the Thunder have been robbed of a finals spot.

Surely Tap N Play can bring out a card commemorating their refusal to play as the play of the tournament.

Hopefully the Stars get up today.
Would hate to see the Heat qualify simply because they refused to play 2 overs to get a result when they knew chances were they would loose the match.
Either way looks like the Thunder have been robbed of a finals spot.

Surely Tap N Play can bring out a card commemorating their refusal to play as the play of the tournament.

Thunder definitely hard done by but unfortunately that is sport. They did lose more games than they won (same as the Heat) and had other ample opportunity to make the finals but didn't take them.

I am a Heat fan and if they make it through then they should feel extremely lucky. Not just because of the Thunder no result which they were very likely to lose (still had Bryant at the crease with Burns, Cutting and Ross to bat though) but they have been so inconsistent, not just game to game but innings to innings.

The Australian Cricket Awards (formerly known as the Allan Border Medal) are on tonight in 7Mate and Fox Cricket. It’s an early start, folks: 7pm EDST. Looking forward to it, I must say!

Reactions: 220
Cricket sucks 😢
Bring on the footy.
They need to reward 1st and 2nd in the finals example:

Game 1: 1st v 2nd (Winner straight through to GF)

Game 2: 3rd v 4th (Loser eliminated)

Game 3: Loser of Game 1 Vs Winner Of Game 2

Granfinal: Winner of game 1 v Winner of game 3

Just a thought, other wise there is zero value of where you finish on the ladder

Just a thought, other wise there is zero value of where you finish on the ladder
Totally agree. Something needs to change. I think it is something like 6 out of the 8 years of the BBL that the team finishing top hasn't made the final. The best team all year needs to be rewarded. I think it is a bit too simplistic to say someone choked.

Plus adds an extra game to rake in the cash for all involved

I ment when I said choked as the top of the table teams have lost most times in finals

Would think there would be no objections to this as it adds another game and makes sense.

I thought that the season just seemed a bit too long for the Hurricanes - their home stretch included heavy defeats to the Strikers and Sixers, a narrow defeat to the Thunder and they only JUST snuck over the line against the Scorchers.

It’s a catch-22 situation for them with the batting too: Wade, Short, McDermott and Bailey did 90% of the heavy lifting during the season and the rest didn’t face a lot of deliveries. This of course isn’t a problem when your 4th wicket falls at 150+ rather than 120-130.

I think the season is long enough without adding extra finals games - I think 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 is a fair way to do it. It’s more a fault of the team that loses on the day in my opinion. I’m a Sixers fan so I had no vested interest in the result last night.

Totally agree. Something needs to change. I think it is something like 6 out of the 8 years of the BBL that the team finishing top hasn't made the final. The best team all year needs to be rewarded. I think it is a bit too simplistic to say someone choked.
Totally agree the top team should get a double chance

One of THE most remarkable Test matches of all time has just finished. Sri Lanka, after being 9/226 chasing 304, have defeated South Africa - in South Africa - by one wicket. This is the highest tenth-wicket partnership in the fourth innings to win in Test history. Kusal Perera was the hero finishing on 153*. How good is Test cricket hey?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom