The Australian cricket non-official thread!

The Australian selectors have named a 14-man squad for the upcoming Test series against India:

Tim Paine (c, wk)
Pat Cummins
Aaron Finch
Peter Handscomb
Marcus Harris
Josh Hazlewood
Travis Head
Usman Khawaja
Nathan Lyon
Mitchell Marsh
Shaun Marsh
Peter Siddle
Mitchell Starc
Chris Tremain

Discuss 🙂

Finch
Harris
Khawaja
S Marsh
Handscomb
M Marsh
T Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Missing out
Head
Tremain
Siddle

Great to see them
Looking at Chris Tremain, think Scott Boland must be close too.

Just on Renshaw...

In fact, Renshaw is still 5th in the world for 2018 FC runs despite having batted in only 4 FC matches since breaking his finger in June.

He's equal second (with a few others) for FC hundreds for the year with 6. And he scored the bulk of those runs in England, where we have historically struggled since the Steve Waugh days.

To suggest that we should move on from a 22 year old who can do that is, IMO, absolutely lunacy.

If they can stick with Mitch Marsh for 4 years, you'd think they could at least stick with Renshaw.

Australia have crushed the West Indies by 71 runs (doubled their score in fact!) to advance to the Women's T2O World Cup final!! They will play either India or England.

Player of the match Alyssa Healy (what a tournament she is having) top scored with 46 (38) but it took a late came from Rachael Haynes (25* off 15) to lift Australia to 5/142. In reply, the West Indies slumped from 0/15 to 4/27 and the loss of top-scorer Stefanie Taylor for 16 sealed the deal.

'Straya!! :)

It is said that there are "lies, damn lies...and then there are statistics". However, since the defeat in Cape Town and the subsequent banning of Smith, Warner and Bancroft, Australia's international record reads:

Tests: Played 3, Won 0, Lost 2, Drawn 1
ODI's: Played 8, Won 1, Lost 7
T20I's: Played 13, Won 5, Lost 7, 1 n/r

6 victories in 24 international matches.

These are tough times to support the men's team, which is why the woman are such a wonderful cure-all right now. They allow supporters and young potential cricketers to believe that you can win without cheating and you can win without the nastiness that was such an unsightly feature of the men's team under Waugh, Ponting, Clarke and Smith.

08791F7C-4E2F-4BF0-89F2-9B5EBF442778.jpeg

Last edited:
Really great news (comparatively of course) is that Channel Seven’s ball-by-ball commentary team for the Test series will be James Brayshaw, Tim Lane and Alison Mitchell. JB and Mel McLaughlin will co-host the coverage. On balance I think Seven will be my preferred viewing option, I’m not a fan of what Fox have served up at all this season to be honest.

...and as for that bloody nonsensical captain’s cube rubbish on Fox - here’s me when poor Gilly attempts to introduce and then interpret it:
AF4B21F3-EB60-4EFB-9C7C-90A48A7A13FB.gif

I'm probably looking forward to what Chan 7 will serve up with the commentary than the actual game.

Channel 9 commentary team.... you will be sorely missed :(

I only watch 501 and 502.

Had to work 10-2 at a school carnival with no phone and was pleasantly surprised to see them 5 fer and Kohli out for 3.

Also...is Labuschagne injured?

Head done good.

Also. .
I just had a quick look and since the ashes, SMarsh is averaging 12.5 runs, Lyon 14.3
Lyon had 3 not outs, still it's Shaun Marsh with 163 runs, Lyon not far behind at 143. Also Lyon was run out twice in that time.

Back
Top Bottom