The Australian cricket non-official thread!

As I write England are 1/253 off 30 overs in the third ODI. Using the "double your score at 30 overs" rule they're on track for over 500! They'd be disappointed not to break their own record for the highest ODI total (which is 444) from here you'd think!

Welp. At one stage it looked like 500 was on but good bowling in the last four overs restricted England to just 6/481. Looking forward to waking up in the morning to the news that we chased it down!

Welp. At one stage it looked like 500 was on but good bowling in the last four overs restricted England to just 6/481. Looking forward to waking up in the morning to the news that we chased it down!

Love the optimism mate, but sadly wasn’t to be. I had heard the score on Sunrise when I was getting lunches ready in the kitchen and seriously thought I heard wrong so jumped on the cricket app. The sad new was then confirmed, not good.

Finch has handed the Zimbos a fair old hammering - 172 before being dismissed hit wicket off a wide! And D'Arcy Short is part of the world record T20I partnership despite only scoring 46! Obviously a relatively weak opposition but Harare isn't the smallest ground.

Not sure if everyone knows but as of June 30th; CA ended its arrangements with MILO.

A new sponsor is to be announced. It's a big one.

Well, four months have passed (almost to the day) since Australia’s “win at all costs and bugger the consequences” mantra left it exposed to the cricketing world as hypocrites and cheats. I have taken only a passing interest in the sport since, and even less in the national team itself.

The Australian Women’s team - who incidentally manage to find themselves relatively controversy-free - are my team now. I believe that they can indeed inspire girls AND boys to rebuild Australian cricket’s battered pride from the ground up. The sport in this country demands and requires a re-set to revive the quaint nature, rules and characters of the game that fans down the generations have fallen in love with.

The sport is what matters, not the self-serving and greedy individuals in it.

I've just finished watching SL dismantle SAF in 2 tests, completely destroying their batting orders in 3 of the 4 innings.

It seems funny that back in 2016 when we lost 0-3, there was much handwringing and soul searching.

I found this series much of the same, if not worse in patches because SL were so clearly dominant. Herath and Perera absolutely tore SAF a new one.

Well the First Test against Pakistan hasn't started well - they're 0/145 halfway through the second session. Are we going to be able to fight our way back into the contest or are we in for a loooong bowling innings? Based on how the pitch has played so far I suspect the latter.

This "nice" Australia are such gentlemen. Not taking wickets, letting bats reach milestones.

How Renshaw isn't in our top 6 is staggering.

That said the road of a pitch is a disgrace.

This "nice" Australia are such gentlemen. Not taking wickets, letting bats reach milestones.

How Renshaw isn't in our top 6 is staggering.

That said the road of a pitch is a disgrace.
Despite his disrupted preparation in the tour match I tend to agree that Renshaw should have been picked ahead of one of the debutants.

The pitch actually looks like a slab of concrete. Very little swing or spin. Ball looked 100 overs old at the lunch break. Not a great look is it. Hopefully for the sake of the match there's some significant deterioration to come - preferably sooner rather than later.

0-30 chasing 482, I think the best we can hope for is a draw.
At least the weather looks nice, Fridays T20 in Canberra was the coldest I have ever been at a cricket match.

Back
Top Bottom