The Australian cricket non-official thread!

It would suck if a team only lost one game all year and didnt make the final but it didn't happen.
Hurricanes only won one of their last 4 matches, does a team with only a 25% win record at the business end of the season deserve a second chance?
Like most sports it is about being the best at the time that counts not the rest of the year. How many world champions world record holders etc havent won a olympic medal simply because they havent performed at the right time.
A home semi is some advantage Im happy to leave it at that.

Ellyse Perry has hit her maiden ODI century, finishing with 107* off 110 balls in Australia’s innings of 7/247. The century came off the second-last ball of the innings courtesy of a dropped catch that trickled over the boundary. As an exclamation point, she hit final ball onto the embankment at midwicket! 😜

Today’s channel Seven coverage has been excellent, featuring Mark Readings, Lisa Sthalekar, Jason Gillespie, Julia Price and Abbey Gelmi. It’s a blessed relief from the Warne-inspired nonsense that so ruined the closing stages of Fox Cricket’s BBL coverage.

In other news, Afghanistan’s Hazratullah Zazai made an unbeaten 162 off 62 balls against Ireland overnight. He hit 16 x 6 and 11 x 4. Afghanistan powered to THE highest ever T20I team total of 278!! 😳

Ellyse Perry has hit her maiden ODI century, finishing with 107* off 110 balls in Australia’s innings of 7/247. The century came off the second-last ball of the innings courtesy of a dropped catch that trickled over the boundary. As an exclamation point, she hit final ball onto the embankment at midwicket! 😜

Today’s channel Seven coverage has been excellent, featuring Mark Readings, Lisa Sthalekar, Jason Gillespie, Julia Price and Abbey Gelmi. It’s a blessed relief from the Warne-inspired nonsense that so ruined the closing stages of Fox Cricket’s BBL coverage.

In other news, Afghanistan’s Hazratullah Zazai made an unbeaten 162 off 62 balls against Ireland overnight. He hit 16 x 6 and 11 x 4. Afghanistan powered to THE highest ever T20I team total of 278!! 😳
It's so good to see a second tier nation doing so well. Look at how many Afghan players featured in the bbl this year. I am tipping a few teams may be looking to add Zazai to their squad next year.

Wonder what poor Matty Wade ever did to the selectors? Carving up the BBL... They said is Test Cricket BBL is irrelevant, doesn’t get pick for the test side. Then gets left out of the T/20 squad. Goes back to shield cricket, picks up where he left off with his run scoring. Still sitting hear scratching my head is in disbelief.

How great is it to see women’s cricket as the main back page lead. Well done, Adelaide Advertiser! This cricket team continues to show its male counterparts that it is possible to play the game competitively, respectfully AND still win.
A4D331D3-FF4D-4E75-8CD4-AA3EF64BB226.jpeg

Some close finishes coming up in the shield. South Australia managed to go from 3/298 to 4/316 to all out 319 losing 6 for 3! Jackson Bird picked up 7 for.
Cam Bancroft is on the verge of a century in each innings at Bankstown carrying WA on his shoulders trying to stave off a NSW win.

Khawaja, Handscombe & Turner wow!

Great team effort really. Another Michelle for Pat also!!

Slowing building as a dark horse for the WC.

Despite India’s significant improvement in the field, they certainly struggled with the clutch moments tonight, maybe the dew was a factor?

Three man of match awards though, a bit different!!!

Onto the decider!!

Last edited:
When all the MOTM awards are already engraved with Kohli's name, it's def awkward when he doesn't fire or they don't win.

Excellent effort by Aussies. Playing the best in their backyard seems like a WC warmup masterstroke now.

I hope it's the last we see of Andy Garcia too.

I wouldn’t mind a compilation of Kohli’s dismissals and how long it takes him to walk!

Don’t get me wrong, the bloke is a phenomenal batter, will be one of the greats but every time he gets out it’s like he is in disbelief and if he trudged off slowly enough he will be reinstated!!

Maybe he has a bit of WG Grace in him...’get back to your mark son, the crowd haven’t come to see you bowl, they have come to see me bat!!’

What about when Zampa got Kohli and MS on Friday...lol. The temerity!!

It's why I don't like Stoinis. Saunters around like some Adonis with attitude. Tripping over his bottom lip. He's just another Warne fave that doesn't deliver. There's no way we win last night with him.

Back
Top Bottom