The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Happy to open or bat 11, would prefer to field somewhere that doesn't involve a lot of running.
Can roll the arm over if needed, if we can set a field with a couple of fielders about 16 rows back I will be a good chance of picking up a wicket or two.

I've been waiting for this moment all my life!

I can bat somewhere around 8 and make the tail look like Bradman as I play-and-miss at every second ball.

I'll bowl some medium pace dibbly-dobblers (maybe first or second change) that may result in the occasional catch on the boundary.

The one useful thing I can do is shine the ball, so you can plonk me at mid-off, but don't expect too many diving stops or KFC Classic Catches!

Happy to open or bat 11, would prefer to field somewhere that doesn't involve a lot of running.
Can roll the arm over if needed, if we can set a field with a couple of fielders about 16 rows back I will be a good chance of picking up a wicket or two.

Mate, your comment reminded me of the wonderful Arthur Mailey and his hysterical self-appraisals!

On his figures of 4 for 362 from 64 overs, when Victoria scored a record 1,107 runs: "If that chap in the brown derby hat at the back of the grandstand had held his catches, I'd have had them out days ago ... Very few chances were given, but I think a chap in a tweed coat dropped Jack Ryder near the shilling stand ... It was rather a pity that Ellis got out at 1,107, because I was just striking a length." :)

All rounder
Left arm medium bowler
Bat at 3,4,5 right hander
Field at cover , point , gully
Happy to fit in there somewhere if needed

All round bunny
Can make a quick fire 20 or 0, zero being more likely lol
Bat number 9
First change bowler, or as a last resort really up to you , can bowl up to 140KPH however the ball tends not to land on the pitch all that often.
When I bowl I make Paul Adams action look pretty good.
Can field anywhere the ball isn't, preferably long on/off.

Last edited:
I know that quoting YOURSELF is the same as "liking" your own Facebook post, but these are desperate times gentlemen!!

The pay dispute has reached breaking point, with 230 cricketers now left unemployed. It is an extremely sorry state of affairs, but in times of crisis you must separate the men from the boys....the leaders from the followers.

To this end, I call on the following OzCardTrader General Cricket Forum contributors from 1st October 2016 to current (it's taken me all f**king morning to search pages and pages of posts! :)) to make themselves available for national selection! I will update this post (or a new one a bit later!) with a list of candidates.

@The Mad Hatter @bigrob2307 @Scotty_WCE @aflcards2015 @Keatoboy @Wookiedragon @Angry @Parrapaul @Eels Guru @Brendan_B @Jayden35 @220 @Mogg06 @aussiecricketer @mounteverest @Matt26 @BLOWN8 @aussie26 @nazimcricket

Please reply below - including your batting, bowling and fielding preferences - and we will form a mighty, fighting team. You've heard of the Invincibles. Well, let us be known as...er...um....the Unmentionables!! :)
Bat

Can bowl right arm offies but really can't bat against pace as I get scared of getting hurt lol. Highlights in high school include a 3 for and getting 32 off about 16 not out, not in the same match mind you lol.

Open the bowling Right arm medium pace - can swing the ball both ways - good slower ball.

Bat around 5 - 7 - looking forward to a solid start from @The Mad Hatter setting the foundations with a solid opening innings.

Fielding at mid off or the covers.

Haha

IMG_2390.JPG

....and if any of you buggers consider joining, just remember that you have already committed to the OzCardTrader list of contracted players, by virtue of replying to my post (there IS fine print, trust me :))

Negotiations to be released from this contract can be discussed via PM or outright bribery!!

Good on Morley CC though, always good to have a laugh and put the pay dispute nonsense into proper perspective.

I'll open the bowling with some right arm express, or I can bamboozle the poor batsman and swing it both ways. Oh and I'm a number 3 batsman (probably don't deserve to be that high!!) can also keep when needed!

I'll open the bowling with some right arm express, or I can bamboozle the poor batsman and swing it both ways. Oh and I'm a number 3 batsman (probably don't deserve to be that high!!) can also keep when needed!
Are you like Shane Watson or Matthew wade, but talented?

Back
Top Bottom