The Australian cricket non-official thread!

This will be a real test of our character. Can we bounce back, or have we burnt all our energy (mainly mental) on the first two Tests? I can't wait for the Third Test to see how we respond.

Unfortunately they will do that

I would rather a put a pure batsman in that did nothing wrong over the Australian summer
Yeah look, Khawaja is probably worth a try, despite his arguable deficiencies against spin bowling. But as you said picking Maxwell seems more like something the selectors would be inclined to do.

Mitchell Marsh has been ruled out of the remainder of the tour with the recurrence of a shoulder injury. This news will no doubt bring unbridled joy to many and although I am relieved that the kid can escape the spotlight for a while, it is a worry for Mitch that it is a recurring injury.

Geez, there's a fair amount of spice in the series now hey?! In my opinion, Virat Kohli was gutless in stopping short of saying "cheat". If the Australians ARE cheating when using the DRS, then they in turn should be penalised.

It makes for fascinating viewing, that's for sure!

Yet again WA let a tailender get a big score. Tremain has almost doubled his previous first-class high score. So frustrating, especially in a must-win game!

Tremain might be stranded in the 90s here - 91* with last-man Fawad Ahmed in!

Edit: nope, he smashes consecutive sixes off D'Arcy Short to bring up the ton!

Last edited:
Massive injury news for Australia - Mitchell Starc will miss the remainder of the current Test series due to a stress fracture in his right foot! Bloody hell! He is aiming to be fit for the Champion's Trophy tournament mid-year.

Jackson Bird is apparently set to replace Starc, with Marcus Stoinis expected to get the nod as the replacement for Mitchell Marsh.

http://www.news.com.au/video/id-diajdiYTE6sdwXhqSbjnoQIkjJi_cE7O/Local-cricket-brings-the-biff

This is where the ICC are repeatedly gutless when it comes to international cricket - particularly the way bowlers abuse and ridicule a batsman after dismissing them. Club cricketers see their heroes behave like dimwitted knuckle-dragging imbeciles and simply follow suit. Ian Chappell has said for many years that there will one day be a major incident on the international cricket field and that the ICC really WILL have a problem then.

On a happier note: Happy Birthday Test Cricket. The first recognised Test Match was played 140 years ago today. No, @Keatoboy.......I DIDN'T bloody watch it! :)

http://www.news.com.au/video/id-diajdiYTE6sdwXhqSbjnoQIkjJi_cE7O/Local-cricket-brings-the-biff

This is where the ICC are repeatedly gutless when it comes to international cricket - particularly the way bowlers abuse and ridicule a batsman after dismissing them. Club cricketers see their heroes behave like dimwitted knuckle-dragging imbeciles and simply follow suit. Ian Chappell has said for many years that there will one day be a major incident on the international cricket field and that the ICC really WILL have a problem then.

On a happier note: Happy Birthday Test Cricket. The first recognised Test Match was played 140 years ago today. No, @Keatoboy.......I DIDN'T bloody watch it! :)
:p

A brilliant day for Australia, on what appears to be a dead track to say the least. Glenn Maxwell has looked very assured and composed - I didn't think he had it in him to be honest. One of many things I've been wrong about in this series!!

As for that man Steven Smith - his batting is a mixture of Allan Border's doggedness and Ricky Ponting's flair. He might end up being our best behind Bradman, Greg Chappell and Ricky himself.

Yikes! Queensland have collapsed badly in their second innings, currently sitting at 9/52. Good for WA, who also need South Australia to not beat Tasmania (SA currently 4 down leading by 111 in their second innings) and to win themselves agains New South Wales (NSW 9/292 trailing by 144 in the first innings). Go Warriors (and Tassie)!

An unfortunate recent feature of Steven Smith's captaincy is that he has become something of a "bowling all-rounder" snob.

Poor old Hilton Cartwright was barely used as the fifth bowler on Test debut, Mitchell Marsh bowled very little in the first two Tests in India and now - without reason - Glenn Maxwell has bowled TWO overs, out of the 174 delivered so far. The 98 overs from Lyon and O'Keefe have returned 1/257. The returning Pat Cummins - with one First Class game behind him - has wholeheartedly bowled 34 overs in the innings so far.

I just don't understand it. Smith often shows his displeasure at bowling and fielding that he believes is sub-standard - perhaps this is just indifference by stealth?

Back
Top Bottom