That will do me, KD signs with the Warriors

Aldridge?? Spurs?? What???
If you dont see or feel what KD has done with this decision theres no point of going on about it.

You either liked/didnt care or hated that he went to GS imo i hate he chose them.

Pretty much.

If people like this move by KD, I have no problem with that. But don't sulk when others do.

Oh and if Kawhi and the Spurs lose again this year, and Kawhi was a FA and he went to GS, I'd think he was a b*tch also.

What's the difference between Durant leaving and Aldridge going to the championship pedigree Spurs?
If I was on Okc's starting 5 and i was the star of that team and we gave up a 3-1 lead to GS to make the finals, let me tell you i wouldnt be JOINING THAT TEAM.

Before he made his decision to go there, there were sayings that he might go GS i thought there is absolutely no chance of that happening it would be ludicris.
But the impossible does happen at times.

With reports saying that Durant didn't want to work with Westbrook anymore so needed to leave. What team would you guys have been ok with him going to?
OKC
You dont have to have a relationship on the court you just have to play ball.
With kanter and Adams coming up
They would have made cof. Finals again no doubt.

Do you think MJ and RODMAN had a relationship of the court 'never' said rodman and they won multiple titles along with best ever record till this year.

So yeah i would have loved to see him at Okc for another couple would have been good im guessing.

For those people who don't understand why it was a weak move -

OKC had a great chance to make the Finals but choked, with KD being a large part of that. Instead of coming back and trying to get just that little bit better, which they would definitely be capable of doing, he, in his prime, chose to leave and go to that team he choked to, that have made the Finals in two consecutive years, that already have a star-studded squad. It's giving up and taking the easy road. Any team other than GS or Cleveland (or maybe SA) would have been able to stomach, but instead it's like as if MJ had left the Bulls to go to Detroit who knocked them out a couple of times, or Kobe going to Boston to join their 'Big 4' in the mid/late 00's etc. A superstar does not leave when they already have a good team unless there are underlaying issues (eg bad relationships) and definitely does not join the favourite unless are just so desperate for a ring that they just give up fighting, especially when in their prime.
It's just so weak.

What I feel makes it a weak move, is him hiding behind the veil of the move being for evolution of his game and growth.

That's a slap in the face to the intelligence of the fans.

With reports saying that Durant didn't want to work with Westbrook anymore so needed to leave. What team would you guys have been ok with him going to?

Boston!!

How far back do you go? What if he signed with the Spurs? Heat? Mavs? Lakers? Celtics?

Any team he goes to where he doesn't have to be KD to win. If we went to Boston, he would have to be THE MAN and get it done with Horford and the other pieces.

In GSW, he can win by being Harrison Barnes!
That team was title favourites BEFORE Durant joined. They SHOULD have won last season but probably went too hard on the reg season record.

When Lebron went to Miami, he still had to be RIDICULOUSLY good in order to win, even with Wade and Bosh. This is like having the Miami team, and then adding another top 3 team to it.

The biggest problem I have is the way the NBA brought in the salary cap increase. By doing it the way they did, they opened the door to allow the bext teams in the league to have Max space available. The idea of all of the FA rules is to make it harder for super teams to dominate seasons and to try and encourage players to stay with their drafted team.

If the NBA made the cap increase compulsory to increase by around 20-30% on top of the current contracted players' salaries, they would have managed to spread the increase more evenly around the league.

Instead, we have an off season including
  • KD to the best reg season team in history
  • OKC losing out because KD had multiple "sure thing" options instead of just project or possibilities
  • Tyler Johnson getting almost the same money as Steph Curry
  • Every other stupid damn contract from this season!!!
Thanks Adam Silver :thumbsup::thumbsdown:

The biggest problem I have is the way the NBA brought in the salary cap increase. By doing it the way they did, they opened the door to allow the bext teams in the league to have Max space available. The idea of all of the FA rules is to make it harder for super teams to dominate seasons and to try and encourage players to stay with their drafted team.

If the NBA made the cap increase compulsory to increase by around 20-30% on top of the current contracted players' salaries, they would have managed to spread the increase more evenly around the league.

Instead, we have an off season including
  • KD to the best reg season team in history
  • OKC losing out because KD had multiple "sure thing" options instead of just project or possibilities
  • Tyler Johnson getting almost the same money as Steph Curry
  • Every other stupid damn contract from this season!!!
Thanks Adam Silver :thumbsup::thumbsdown:

Time to reduce the amount of teams IMO. When a city as large as Dallas has to pay Harrison Barns almost double what the two time consecutive and first time full ballot MVP its pretty obvious there is an unbalance of supply and demand

Time to reduce the amount of teams IMO. When a city as large as Dallas has to pay Harrison Barns almost double what the two time consecutive and first time full ballot MVP its pretty obvious there is an unbalance of supply and demand

Paid him max to put him next to a maxed out Matthews! LOL

Mavs just spending coz they can

For those people who don't understand why it was a weak move -

OKC had a great chance to make the Finals but choked, with KD being a large part of that. Instead of coming back and trying to get just that little bit better, which they would definitely be capable of doing, he, in his prime, chose to leave and go to that team he choked to, that have made the Finals in two consecutive years, that already have a star-studded squad. It's giving up and taking the easy road. Any team other than GS or Cleveland (or maybe SA) would have been able to stomach, but instead it's like as if MJ had left the Bulls to go to Detroit who knocked them out a couple of times, or Kobe going to Boston to join their 'Big 4' in the mid/late 00's etc. A superstar does not leave when they already have a good team unless there are underlaying issues (eg bad relationships) and definitely does not join the favourite unless are just so desperate for a ring that they just give up fighting, especially when in their prime.
It's just so weak.
Perfect ,thank you jeez
Seems like i was trying to explain this matter to people that never watched the game of basketball.

It does suck cause i thought more that anyone KD was the sort of superstar to stay loyal with his team through everything.. i wouldn't have guessed he would leave let alone leave to join the enemy (so to speak).. im not gonna hate it too much cause all this drama is why i love NBA basketball... looking forward to seeing how GS go.. (Dynasty or Flop?)... anyways, GO T-WOLVES! lol

Any saltiness for David West or Zaza Pachulia? ;)

Nope both are in their final seasons in the league. West turned down a $12mill offer to join the Spurs last season for $1.5mill and has done the same this year. He's stuck it out in New Orleans, been there franchises all time leading scorer, was one drive by Lebron away from making the finals in Indiana. Now he can go chase a ring before he retires.

Perfect ,thank you jeez
Seems like i was trying to explain this matter to people that never watched the game of basketball.

he can "explain" it all he wants - either you're in the "were a fan but not now, weak" group, or the "damn this is gonna be entertaining" group. I think it's people not agreeing with the "weak move" theory moreso.

This is a whole new age with all this money - players in the past may have done it but it was a salary cap impossibility.

I can see the "growth" side - it was going to be the same old stuff with Westbrook or develop as a player in GS, there's talk of him working on his post moves this offseason so he can take advantage of his height passing out to all the shooters.

David West there too? Insane. I love West, old school beast type of bully ball player.

The tell them you'll sign, they move all assets, change your mind and stay theory is fascinating. Don't think he'd do that though.

Dwight thinking he is making Atlanta a title team is funny though! (Sorry kiwi matt)

Back
Top Bottom