That will do me, KD signs with the Warriors

The tell them you'll sign, they move all assets, change your mind and stay theory is fascinating. Don't think he'd do that though.

Dwight thinking he is making Atlanta a title team is funny though! (Sorry kiwi matt)

I reckon it's crazy but the loophole needs to be closed quick before something catastrophic happens. A player cannot disclose his intention of signing with a team prior to their contract being formalised and the contract remains fully enforceable subject to cap space being made for purposes of the contract. That way, the team can go ahead and make the necessary moves to make cap space and the player is bounded to their commitment and cannot rescind their contractual agreements, unless the team is unable to make the necessary moves to gain cap space.

I reckon it's crazy but the loophole needs to be closed quick before something catastrophic happens. A player cannot disclose his intention of signing with a team prior to their contract being formalised and the contract remains fully enforceable subject to cap space being made for purposes of the contract. That way, the team can go ahead and make the necessary moves to make cap space and the player is bounded to their commitment and cannot rescind their contractual agreements, unless the team is unable to make the necessary moves to gain cap space.

For sure, if something bad happened with the Dallas/Deandre Jordan situation they would've ended the moratorium period then or made changes.

It seems the "Pro GSW Superteam" brigade in here are missing the whole point.

We all love the NBA because of the entertainment. Having one CLEARLY dominant teams destroys the fun in the season. The only way it is going to be a good playoffs/finals is if something out of the ordinary happens to level the playing field.

There is usually 4-5-6 teams that can legit contend for a title. This year, it goes GSW $1.80, CLE $4.50 SA $8.50
That is horrible for the league!
Its not "Saltiness" @BruzDB , its not about KDs weakness, it is bad for the league. How would you like an NBL season with 1 team starting as 3-4 x more likely to win the title than the secnd best team and 5 times more than the next?

Bring on the NFL I say. I will watch the reg season Spurs games for the single game entertainment, but the rest of the season can EABFD

The tell them you'll sign, they move all assets, change your mind and stay theory is fascinating. Don't think he'd do that though.

Dwight thinking he is making Atlanta a title team is funny though! (Sorry kiwi matt)

I think going back home to ATL will help poor old Dwight, Mumma Dwight might be able to keep him a little more in check and give him the kick up the arse he needs!

Anyway back to the topic at hand how good would this be

zYWXG9D.jpg

Its not "Saltiness", its not about KDs weakness, it is bad for the league.
My "saltiness" comment was a joke mate. I'm not saying I agree with his move to GS, but if making a smart move to sign with a team that gives you a great chance at a ring for the next 5-10 years is weak, then so be it I guess.

It seems the "Pro GSW Superteam" brigade in here are missing the whole point.

We all love the NBA because of the entertainment. Having one CLEARLY dominant teams destroys the fun in the season. The only way it is going to be a good playoffs/finals is if something out of the ordinary happens to level the playing field.

There is usually 4-5-6 teams that can legit contend for a title. This year, it goes GSW $1.80, CLE $4.50 SA $8.50
That is horrible for the league!
Its not "Saltiness" @BruzDB , its not about KDs weakness, it is bad for the league. How would you like an NBL season with 1 team starting as 3-4 x more likely to win the title than the secnd best team and 5 times more than the next?

Bring on the NFL I say. I will watch the reg season Spurs games for the single game entertainment, but the rest of the season can EABFD

I don't think it's that bad for the league in the short term - injuries can happen, signings haven't finished yet so other teams could be competitive.

The NBL IS like that - Perth! Duh! Grumble grumble

My "saltiness" comment was a joke mate. I'm not saying I agree with his move to GS, but if making a smart move to sign with a team that gives you a great chance at a ring for the next 5-10 years is weak, then so be it I guess.
Yeah, I got that you were joking, I have seen you around here enough to pick that. But it is the general sentiment of of Pro GSW peeps.

I may or may not be guilty of getting too deep and serious when it comes to my enjoyment of my favourite sport! :lol:
I don't think it's that bad for the league in the short term - injuries can happen, signings haven't finished yet so other teams could be competitive.

The NBL IS like that - Perth! Duh! Grumble grumble

NBL points system says you are just whinging Matt! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom