Terrible news re: Series 2

im not collecting nrl at all anymore. unless i see something i like , eg a top prospect with one of my fav players

this has been added to the select website...

After lengthy deliberation, it is with much regret that Select has decided not to produce a second series of NRL cards in 2010. Many key factors were taken into account before we arrived at this decision.

Select understands this news will disappoint some collectors, but we are taking into account that there has been an abundancy of NRL Collector series released in the past decade and a temporary hold off of a new release will benefit the collector's market in the long term.

We would like nothing more than to continue manufacturing products for the vibrant card communities that exist in Australia and throughout the world, but as a leading manufacturer of sports cards, it is important that we respect the nature of card collecting and foresee the possible market trend to make sure that the ultimate collector's interests be enhanced and protected.

While there is no second NRL series scheduled for 2010, we do have some exciting new products that will be released throughout the year. While we can’t tell you any more just yet, we urge you to check our website, Facebook and Twitter to be among the first to know.

The team at Select Australia sincerely thanks you for actively collecting our products. We are proud of what we do and appreciate the long term support and loyalty shown by our collectors.

We also wish to offer our utmost assurance that Select is committed to providing you with new and exciting card collections, so stay tuned as we look forward to some new releases soon.

Yours in sport,
Select Australia

this has been added to the select website...

After lengthy deliberation, it is with much regret that Select has decided not to produce a second series of NRL cards in 2010. Many key factors were taken into account before we arrived at this decision.

Select understands this news will disappoint some collectors, but we are taking into account that there has been an abundancy of NRL Collector series released in the past decade and a temporary hold off of a new release will benefit the collector's market in the long term.

We would like nothing more than to continue manufacturing products for the vibrant card communities that exist in Australia and throughout the world, but as a leading manufacturer of sports cards, it is important that we respect the nature of card collecting and foresee the possible market trend to make sure that the ultimate collector's interests be enhanced and protected.

While there is no second NRL series scheduled for 2010, we do have some exciting new products that will be released throughout the year. While we can’t tell you any more just yet, we urge you to check our website, Facebook and Twitter to be among the first to know.

The team at Select Australia sincerely thanks you for actively collecting our products. We are proud of what we do and appreciate the long term support and loyalty shown by our collectors.

We also wish to offer our utmost assurance that Select is committed to providing you with new and exciting card collections, so stay tuned as we look forward to some new releases soon.

Yours in sport,
Select Australia

Mate, this was posted 5 pages before.

Just read on the Select website the official statement =

https://www.selectaustralia.com.au/news/detail.php?id=30

30 April 2010
NRL 2010 Series 2

Select understands this news will disappoint some collectors, but we would like you to appreciate that this is not a decision that has been made lightly.

We would like nothing more than to continue manufacturing products for the vibrant card communities that exist in Australia and throughout the world, but we must do so in a commercially responsible manner that will ensure we can still be doing it long in to the future.

Yours in sport,
Select Australia

woops!
sorry

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 07:25 PM ----------

im sure i have read every page on this thread but must have missed this post lol

I think a few high end Knights sigs may bring you out of retirement.

Well I'm all talk, buuuuuutttt ....

Don't worry that there is no series 2, if we are lucky we will have these instead....

78532717.jpg

Good grief, NO WAY am I gonna buy an NRL version of those!!! :yellow:

What an absolute disgrace! I was going to buy a few boxes of series 2 in one of ming's case shares, was tempted to get some champion boxes but what for? In the hope I pull a phenom gem, no point for me! Guess it will save me a lot of money in the long run as I will stay out of nrl cards on the most part and just pick up random broncos cards that I need from time to time...

:lol::lol::lol: your sending them broke.

I have written directly to the NRL to voice my disappointment and to highlight Select's complete disregard for NRL collectors. I have enquired about the terms of the license and if they are open to allowing a competitor to enter the market to better represent the NRL brand.

I know not much will come of it, but I felt better for venting my frustration.....

I do think we need to be pro active and constructive in our criticism so all an sundry that may have a vested interest in this are aware.

Ross

Good idea, keep us posted on any response you get, Im very interested to here what they say

Back
Top Bottom