Will you be sad to see the Simpsons go?

• Yes

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Don't care!

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
I heard a TV newsreader talking on radio the about how they pre record the news updates and play these back at scheduled times during the evening. He said its weird watching his own updates go "Live to air" as he is sitting at home! LOL

As for not being Glamorous.....I was at Foxtel the other day and the Business Reporter didnt even have a camera man......there was a camera set up and recording at all times!!

Definitely not as much magic in TV as people believe!

Cheers
Matt

All to do with cost cutting mate, one day the news will be a two man show, the presenter and operator, the operator will look after lighting, camera, sound, tel promta and also switches and directs, really a 1 man show:lol: but its sount that the are cost cutting, soon on field news they are going to be only the journo and cameraman with no sound recordist and then they get rid of the cameraman and get the journo doing the whole camera, sound, lighting show its sad but that where its coming too :(

All to do with cost cutting mate, one day the news will be a two man show, the presenter and operator, the operator will look after lighting, camera, sound, tel promta and also switches and directs, really a 1 man show:lol: but its sount that the are cost cutting, soon on field news they are going to be only the journo and cameraman with no sound recordist and then they get rid of the cameraman and get the journo doing the whole camera, sound, lighting show its sad but that where its coming too :(

We do it with just camera and journo....in some remote parts of WA (and also in the US) the journo sets the camera up on a tripod and then they stand infront of it and record their story. Then it gets sent via wireless broadband back to the studio for editing etc.

The technology is certainly making anything possible...it's making news more current and on-the-spot (as the audience demands) yet still extremely cost effective.

Can't say I'm suprised.

The simpsons has lost alot of its viewers from the 90's and that probably made up more then a fair percentage of people watching.
The fact that it stopped being great 8 seasons ago and now is only average is probably another factor.

I can't even remember the last time I actually really enjoyed an episode.
(actually I can, it was the pie man one which must have been 4-5 years ago)

Perhaps its best to let the most well loved family show of all time take a rest.
Besides, It'll probably be back in a few years time anyway. That and theres always the internet.

This whole thread might yet be for nothing....as I said in an earlier post, just because someone prints it it doesn't make it true!!!:eek:

This is from the TV Tonight website....close the thread now I say!!;)

UPDATED: A later report in the Brisbane Times contradicts the Daily Telegraph story noted below: “No, it is not true,” Ms Schnitzerling said.”We’ve been doing some rehearsals, but a couple of months ago we did the same thing with the early news,” she said. Asked specifically if there were plans to extend the 5pm news service, Ms Schnitzerling said: “Not at this stage…but we have been shooting pilots.”

Back
Top Bottom