Team of the decade?

Which team deserves the title of Team of the Decade?

• Lakers

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Cavaliers

• Heat

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Nets

• Pistons

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Mavericks

• 76ers

• Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Hey Jimbo didn't the Spurs lose to the Lakes most years they didn't make it and the Lakers went on to win it all? I would think thats contending, I don't think any of us rode off the Spurs for the title much in the decade. They can win 40 games, make the playoffs and people still say 'Don't rule out the Spurs' LOL

And Scotty if you say that about Jordan then Russ and his MVPs, all stars, ncaa title, olympic gold, 11 rings, hof, greatest 50 blah blah beats out MJ's ones. The man didn't set a foot wrong for 15 years but thats another thread.

That's not my opinion, I just thought that's why people always said MJ was the best?

I agree totally about what you say with Russ, but if MJ was the best cos of his achievements then wouldnt that make Lakers the best cos of their achievements?
I mean Shaq has consistently dominated the league for so long (probably faded out the last season or three), but he's always been dominant. Never a great leader, so he's never been considered a great player in the same aspect of MJ, meaning you can be dominant but still not great.

Meaning the Spurs have been dominant, but not great.

Spurs do put up a great argument tho, they've always been up there, may not have won the most titles, but they've always been competing.

I think it was only this year that they have exited the 1st Round since?????

Hey Jimbo didn't the Spurs lose to the Lakes most years they didn't make it and the Lakers went on to win it all? I would think thats contending, I don't think any of us rode off the Spurs for the title much in the decade. They can win 40 games, make the playoffs and people still say 'Don't rule out the Spurs' LOL

And Scotty if you say that about Jordan then Russ and his MVPs, all stars, ncaa title, olympic gold, 11 rings, hof, greatest 50 blah blah beats out MJ's ones. The man didn't set a foot wrong for 15 years but thats another thread.

Sure that's true. I was a bit quick with my words.

I guess what I really meant is, even when the Lakers didn't win it all at least they were still in the Finals.

The years the Spurs didn't win it they were never in the Finals.

So to me that shows the Lakers are more consistent.

fair point jimbo... however:

spurs for me with their SUSTAINED CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING success... i know a 3 peat is an extraordinary feat but doing it like the spurs over such a long period of time and getting themselves up for it, is more impressive... plus theyve consistently changed their team around duncan/manu/parker so there have been large adjustment periods for other guys who were stars on their teams to mesh with that group with, for me, makes it even more impressive...egos were always left at the door... plus pop wouldnt put up with that garbage and anyone who disrupts team synergy & harmony
fair effort by pop to get that team to the top of the mountain so many times

fair point jimbo... however:

spurs for me with their SUSTAINED CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING success... i know a 3 peat is an extraordinary feat but doing it like the spurs over such a long period of time and getting themselves up for it, is more impressive... plus theyve consistently changed their team around duncan/manu/parker so there have been large adjustment periods for other guys who were stars on their teams to mesh with that group with, for me, makes it even more impressive...egos were always left at the door... plus pop wouldnt put up with that garbage and anyone who disrupts team synergy & harmony
fair effort by pop to get that team to the top of the mountain so many times

fair call mate and all true points.

but for the Lakers, when your centrepiece franchise player is a guy like Shaquille O'Neal you can't really afford to be only winning it very 2-3 seasons.

When he's at his best, physical peak etc you have to go for it. And that's what they did, big 3 peat!

In my books both teams are equally great the Lakers I just had to go with for personal opinion. Happy to see either get the vote though.

Surely the Lakers have this debate sewn up now???

Agreed. In the last decade 4 Championships, 6 Finals Appearances.

Spurs - 4 Championships, 4 Finals Appearances.

Lakers > Spurs

And hey, it's no wonder either.

Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant both make an excellent case to be the best player of the post-MJ generation/era. While the Spurs have had great players too and Tony Parker and Ginobili are no scrubs, Tim Duncan should feel he's done pretty well for himself to have won 4 rings without another truly elite player by his side.

Although the first one, with him and Admiral in the frontcourt was definately no pushover haha.

Agreed. In the last decade 4 Championships, 6 Finals Appearances.

Spurs - 4 Championships, 4 Finals Appearances.

Lakers > Spurs

And hey, it's no wonder either.

Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant both make an excellent case to be the best player of the post-MJ generation/era. While the Spurs have had great players too and Tony Parker and Ginobili are no scrubs, Tim Duncan should feel he's done pretty well for himself to have won 4 rings without another truly elite player by his side.

Although the first one, with him and Admiral in the frontcourt was definately no pushover haha.

Not to challenge your knowledge Jimbo but the Spurs have only won three in the past decade.....the 4th was in the 90's (1999)!!!:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I'm glad someone else bumped it!!! Respect'a to the guys recognising and what say ye' now all doubters? :woot:

Lakers are officially...

THE... :)

TEAM... :p

OF... :D

THE... :cool:

...wait for it... :woot:

DECADE!!! :D

Respect to the Spurs and all their fans, I'll put the hate for black and white (Collingwood included) away for 24 hours. Definitely a close second. :v:

kobe_duncan.jpg

You either haven't voted or didn't vote for the Celtics....pretty much like everyone else by the looks of it!!

How does that Beatles song go...Can't BUY me love? :cry:
(I think they do mention that money can buy rings though!!):lol:

Hello there Mr Kettle...met Mr Pot, he called you black....

Lakers have spent up to get their ring/s too.

Back
Top Bottom