Team of the decade?

Which team deserves the title of Team of the Decade?

• Lakers

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Cavaliers

• Heat

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Nets

• Pistons

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Mavericks

• 76ers

• Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
I know this may be a touch early...but regardless of the result of the forthcoming Final Series I'm of the belief that the Lakers have been the most dominant team of the past 10 years. (As the Bulls were in the 90's)

I'm interested in other members thoughts on this subject...but I think it would be tough to go past the Lakers who have played in 6 of the last ten finals series....winning 3 (possibly 4!!):worthy::worthy::worthy:

76's... when were they ever good?
:p

My vote goes to the Spurs.
Defensive stronghold, brought a new type of play to the NBA with the European input and were simply unstoppable for a few years.

For further reference...the list of NBA finalists

Champion Runner-up

2008 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers

2007 San Antonio Spurs Cleveland Cavaliers

2006 Miami Heat Dallas Mavericks

2005 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons

2004 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers

2003 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets

2002 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets

2001 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers

2000 Los Angeles Lakers Indiana Pacers

The nets, pacers and sixers. Three of the easiest beats in the last 10 years.

Yet still they got closer than 40pts in deciding games in the finals LOL

When we talk about players we talk about performance not titles. Otherwise Russell has Jordan covered by a mile. So I say the Spurs dominated most seasons of this decade. Dominant team that didn't always finish off the year like they should have.

3 Championships, 2 runners-up, and a possible 4th Championship HAS to give Lakers that edge over the Spurs?

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

The nets, pacers and sixers. Three of the easiest beats in the last 10 years.

Yet still they got closer than 40pts in deciding games in the finals LOL

When we talk about players we talk about performance not titles. Otherwise Russell has Jordan covered by a mile. So I say the Spurs dominated most seasons of this decade. Dominant team that didn't always finish off the year like they should have.

I thought that's why MJ was always listed as the greatest, because of his titles, and achievements?

I've gotta go Lakers.

Out of the 9 years so far the Lakers have been in the Finals 5 times and won it 3 times.

The Spurs have won it 3 times too but they either won it or weren't contending for it.

1. lakers
2. spurs
3. detroit

and i dont like ne of em lol!

I'd back that list aswell. Spurs have done well, Detroit definitely made some noise but I'm sorry to be blunt, and in my opinion - Lakers are already a shoe in whether they win it all in 2009 or not. Winning this series will just emphasise the fact and If they take the title this season I can't see how anyone could dispute it....

6 Western Conference Titles....
3 NBA Championship Titles with a potential 4th coming... :blink:

DOMINANT TEAMS KEEP UP APPEARANCES...

There's no question. End of discussion. :p

Hey Jimbo didn't the Spurs lose to the Lakes most years they didn't make it and the Lakers went on to win it all? I would think thats contending, I don't think any of us rode off the Spurs for the title much in the decade. They can win 40 games, make the playoffs and people still say 'Don't rule out the Spurs' LOL

And Scotty if you say that about Jordan then Russ and his MVPs, all stars, ncaa title, olympic gold, 11 rings, hof, greatest 50 blah blah beats out MJ's ones. The man didn't set a foot wrong for 15 years but thats another thread.

I voted Spurs.

First, I thought definitely Lakers and Spurs to choose.

But one idea pop-uped.

Do you remember 4 future HOF players' Lakers lost by crazy Team Chemistried Pistons ?

25C125A625C025CF25C125C125BE25C625C.jpg

kobemaloneshaqpayton.jpg

Anyway that is voting.

I think Spurs and Lakers shared most of steak and one Celtics and One Pistons.

And The final winner is Robert Horry. lol
(not kidding. most of 2000's memorable PO and Final games, there were Robert Horry.)

horry_050225.jpg

robert_horry.jpg

RejuvinatedHorry-5pts5blks4ast9rbds.jpg

horryrusselljordan.jpg

76's... when were they ever good?
:p

My vote goes to the Spurs.
Defensive stronghold, brought a new type of play to the NBA with the European input and were simply unstoppable for a few years.

76ers are included because played off in the 2001 finals series

Yah..like Allstar cards inc's comment, just once but it was crazy.
(Iverson and 76ers)

I'm obviously biased, but in that period, the Spurs worst Season Record was 54-28 The Lakers had seasons of 42-40, 45-37 and a losing season where they entered the lottery 34-48.

Spurs Overall Record throughout this period 523-215 .709
Lakers Overall Record throughout this period 463-275 .627

Spurs won more games.
Lakers have had to bring players in to win titles...
Spurs have built Championships...

GO SPURS GO!!!

has to be the lakers.....they made the Finals 6 times this decade...
2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009
Three Championships....or maybe 4 after this year

Back
Top Bottom