Taste of Chaos review!

Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Ok, went to Taste of Chaos last night in Perth and the show was pretty good.
It was also awesome because my best friends band, Anime Fire, who I used to play with got on the bill for the local stage and they were one of the standout bands all night even though they only got a 15 min slot. Seriously though check their new track out here, fair bit heavier than there earlier stuff! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=90708380

Parkway Drive:
Haven't really listened to these guys but they wer damn pumped to be playing and they put on a very enegetic show!

Senses Fail
Damn can this guy not sing live! I always suspected it from live video's I had scene but come on, he must spend days getting his vocal tracks down. Still a great performance even if it was musicwise, thank god I brought earplugs! :D

Anime Fire
These guys got the biggest crowd for any of the local bands and lots of feedback has said these guys were crowd favourites! Even the promoters for all the other bands were watching them and taking photo's!

Underoath
These guys are who I wanted to see the most and they really did play a tight fast furious set, but something was flat about it? I think it was the crowd though, because the atmosphere was pretty shit althought hey had a massive crowd, the lead vocalist even said "you guys are so quite". Oh well, I still love 'em, I'll just listen to their records! :)

AntiFlag
Now these guys were ****ing awesome! They got the entire crowd involved and rocked it hard and fast like the punk bands of yesteryear! Pretty politically charged to the extent that maybe the message was more important than the music! I dunno?

Thursday
Used to listen to these guys heaps a few years back then stopped, after seeing them last night I've pulled out their records! Very tight professional performance! His closing message was "If you go to a shop and the price of our record is too expensive then go the **** home and download that shit, because record company's don't need to be making more money when we want you to listen to us our gift". Legends!

Saosin
Outstanding! They were the headliner for the local stage and were stoked just to be there! They couldn't even believe that Perth had heard of them. The best performance of the night in my opinion, and the singers vocal range and control were out of this world. Dare I say the best I've ever heard live!

Taking Back Sunday
These guys sucked ass on the night! Awesome performors, perfect music great attitutde, but its called taste of Chaos for crying out loud. It was more like they were singing lullaby's to us! And the lead singer was James Brown in disguise! Can't even attempt to explain it, you just had to be there. They played all their poppy happy songs, and only played maybe 2 of there more rockier tunes. Was quite dissapointed when considering their earlier tour this year ranked in one of my top 5 shows!

Well there you have it! All you hardcore/metal fellas out there please give Anime Fire a listen. It's only one song, but I can mail out their first EP if you're interested! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=90708380

well glad you liked it.
Taste of Chasos bill had nothing for me this year, last years was heaps better.
but im goin to this years Big Day Out
Muse, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Tool
and heard rumours and hoping their true Trivium, HIM and Audioslave are rumoured to be added in the next 2 annoucements.
Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God next Tuesday CANT ****ING WAIT:D

A good friend of mines band is getting some good fb and lots of gigs their name is the whitenoise project u can check them out on myspace , thanx

Back
Top Bottom