Discussion in 'All Other Sport - Cards & General Discussion' started by Matt26, Mar 29, 2017.
I was sent this by Neil at Tap'N'Play this afternoon.
Thanks for these details @Matt26 looks like a good solid release.
With signatures changed to 1 per 2 boxes for this release, did Neil indicate if the signature cards would be in the boxes (like last release) or via redemption?
No idea mate, will have to find out.
Same crap as every year, same old design. It good to see the distributors getting all the good patches then on selling them for a nice sum
I sent Neil from tap n play an email regarding this practice. He ensures me there are no favorites and the better patches are issued to the earlier redemptions received.
The RU release may look similar to last years but the A-League cards IMO have taken a big step forward.
Umm there's clear evidence of this! Here's an example, the Archie Thompson jersey signature card, who ended up with all the Victory crest patches? The two main distributors (I believe you tried to buy the two off of them?). I did ask them about why they always received the better patches then regular collectors, his response: "I deserve it as I spend a lot of money on Neil's products'. Sums it up really. Many members on this site have mentioned this too so I'm not alone. Look at the Lyon patch cards, ebay too and you will see the better patches were given and on sold by the distributors.
Of course he's going to deny doing this, he has a business to run and protect. This is the same person that's been selling full sets under the table of how many past years? He even said he can do this as 30% of returned stock is destroyed and therefore never to see the open market, effectively that 30% of stock in non existent as it should be destroyed. So 30% of the signature card should be destroyed then? Correct? No! these are on sold to buyers as full sets. $1,400+ for all signature plus jersey cards (not all buyers, only those in the know). But hey he has to make $$$ somehow to pay for the licenses.
How are the A league cards better than the previous years if they still use the same fold up jersey cards and same signature designs? They haven't held much value either. Each to their own I guess.
Definitely some interesting points.....
Yes, l did try to buy the Victory patches but the price was more than l wanted to pay.
Personally, l don't mind the fold up design. The player signature selection has definitely improved as have the inserts.
1) There is only 1 distributor for Tap N Play products.
2) Quotation marks are supposed to indicate that you are taking a direct quote from somebody. I know I had the top half of the Victory Crest for a short time and certainly didn't say what you've quoted above. Kindly leave the quotation marks for their actual purpose.
Here are some new images to share from Tap N Play.
1. Ikon is now, previously there were many? I keep hearing that there is one set price through Ikon for re-sellers and another set price for those whom a closer to TNP.
2. Quotation marks stays as I WASN"T quoting you! You should kindly stop making assumptions
3. "top half of the Victory Crest" You did mention you ended up with numbers "001&002"? It would be hypocritical of me to assume anything lol but I guess you got lucky with those numbers too.
Was sent a sneak peek of the Stephen Moore Patch Signature card today from this new release and a few people will be pleased to know that these cards are no longer the folder type card, but have been manufactured as per what you would expect in NBA/NFL releases.
Separate names with a comma.