Tap N Play 2014/15 IP Signatures

Wookiedragon

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Daniel
eBay User
Wookie-dragon
Hi all,

Thought I would show you the first two Tap N Play cards I have managed to get signed.

Looking forward to the release and getting stuck into the rest of the set. I was lucky enough to get these at the first Thunder home game.

Enjoy the preview....

IMG_1877.JPG IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

Hi all,

Thought I would show you the first two Tap N Play cards I have managed to get signed.

Looking forward to the release and getting stuck into the rest of the set. I was lucky enough to get these at the first Thunder home game.

Enjoy the preview....

IMG_1877.JPG IMG_1878.JPG

Excellent share, thanks. The cards released on the day must be being treasured by the Thunder fans, I though there might have been some pop up on eBay or gumtree - but not seen any.

Obvoiusly a loyal fan base :)

I can share with you that the Sydney Thunder had a special run of cards printed by Tap 'N' Play to be handed out at the Thunder home games.

These cards are exactly the same as the mass market release but are rectangular and not with the rounded edges as seen in the normal release.

There were about 10,000 cards total printed for the Thunder (around 650 per player)

They are not just giving them out, they have put them in showbags for the kids doing the Milo T20 Blast - VERY hard to get as they have not been handed out on mass. I saw a box full - approx 10 - 15 bags at the first game, with 2 cards in each ( I was in the right place at the right time, as there was one bag spare and I asked if my son could have it ) otherwise I would have missed out.

At the second game I only saw 2 handed out.

The pre match function where they give away signed bats & other stuff, they actually gave away a full set signed by the whole squad!

Shame there is not more of a distinguishing feature for those cards, would have made them more obvious as a collectors edition. I didn't notice the difference in the cornering until you mentioned it.

Maybe similar to how Auskick release about 5 cards from the teamcoach set but badged with Auskick and given out at regiatration as part of the pack for the kiddies. Those cards get more of a premium pricing.

Still everyone does it differently, and a great initiate by Syd Thunder none the less.

They are not just giving them out, they have put them in showbags for the kids doing the Milo T20 Blast - VERY hard to get as they have not been handed out on mass. I saw a box full - approx 10 - 15 bags at the first game, with 2 cards in each ( I was in the right place at the right time, as there was one bag spare and I asked if my son could have it ) otherwise I would have missed out.

At the second game I only saw 2 handed out.

The pre match function where they give away signed bats & other stuff, they actually gave away a full set signed by the whole squad!

That's disappointing. It might have been better to send out the cards as part of membership packs, or as a redeemable voucher to collect on game day for members that might have been a bit fairer. But important to target the kids none the less.

For the scorchers membership our redeemable voucher for Game 1 was a orange Santa hat- ho ho ho :)

Whoever got the full set of signed Syd Thunder cards would have been laughing!

During the Thunder/Heat game the cheerleaders and Santa were handing lots of them out along the boundary. I could 2 cards but both the same player.

As I was leaving I saw lots of cards lying on the ground all scrunched up!

Was a sad sight!

A sad reflection of how stuff that is handed out for free at sporting events is treated these days. Image what it would have been like if they lost the game.

So I guess that's why there are none on eBay :(

now if they would just stop handing out those inflatable whacker things at games - grrrr!

Back
Top Bottom