Suspicious buyer!!

So therefore every ebay transaction, as a seller (if sent via registered/EMS and complies with all ebay and paypal requests) can be just revoked and all funds returned to buyers using this above scam idea?
Makes selling on ebay a bit shady!
If they pay using credit card then yes. The buyer/scammer says to the credit card company he is the victim as someone has fraudulently used my credit card. They get there money back and your left with nothing.

If they pay using credit card then yes. The buyer/scammer says to the credit card company he is the victim as someone has fraudulently used my credit card. They get there money back and your left with nothing.

It's not a great world we live in when one chooses to do that.
If they happen to be looked into regarding this transaction by authorities (fraud etc has been claimed, so can and will happen) and if they have used the same ip address they have used for previous transactions then they are locked up.

Dude i got stung by paypal last week when i sold to a guy with 2 US addresses and a Malaysian one.

Guy bought my card on ebay, and i sent to eBay/Paypal address with tracking. The card got delivered but then they guy opens an item not received via eBay. I confirmed the address i sent it to (which was exactly as on the ebay invoice and paypal transaction) and he said it should go to a completely different address in the US. So then i escalate and eBay finds in my favor. He then messages me asking to send it to Malaysia but i have no-idea where the card is. Anyway i get a chargeback through Paypal and even though i provided tracking, photo proof of postage and copies of his correspondence clearly showing he provided the wrong address they still ruled in his favor.

If anyone thinks they have "seller protection" using paypal think again. Paypal can get f***ed.

Dude i got stung by paypal last week when i sold to a guy with 2 US addresses and a Malaysian one.

Guy bought my card on ebay, and i sent to eBay/Paypal address with tracking. The card got delivered but then they guy opens an item not received via eBay. I confirmed the address i sent it to (which was exactly as on the ebay invoice and paypal transaction) and he said it should go to a completely different address in the US. So then i escalate and eBay finds in my favor. He then messages me asking to send it to Malaysia but i have no-idea where the card is. Anyway i get a chargeback through Paypal and even though i provided tracking, photo proof of postage and copies of his correspondence clearly showing he provided the wrong address they still ruled in his favor.

If anyone thinks they have "seller protection" using paypal think again. Paypal can get f***ed.
WOW!!! Sorry to hear...alarm bells ringing for this one.

But how does he get a chargeback?
Does he contact his bank and say the card was stolen or something, it sounds sooo efed up man..

And PayPal have changed there money back policy if your item hasn't arrived. Think it was 45 days you had to lodge a item hasn't arrived complaint. Pretty sure now it's 180 days. 45 days is long enough. If your item hasn't arrived by 45 days it's probably not going to. Why add a further 135 days. Ridiculous.

The second bloke who got me waited 3 or so months to lodge a complaint. That was last October by memory. I checked his feedback to see if he'd done it to anyone else since me and he had. Someone else left a positive but it said "warning scammer will chargeback" remember you can't leave negative as a seller.

I told PayPal he'd got someone else. He still got his $ back. Was like going around in circles with PayPal.

I'd wouldnt sell to overseas customers if I were you guys. I sell crumbs compared to what some of you guys are selling. For local customers bank deposit or cash.

But how does he get a chargeback?
Does he contact his bank and say the card was stolen or something, it sounds sooo efed up man..

They can apparently contact their bank and tell them they paid for something that they didn't receive.

Oh and i forgot to mention, i got charged $15usd from his bank as a charge-back fee.

They can apparently contact their bank and tell them they paid for something that they didn't receive.

Oh and i forgot to mention, i got charged $15usd from his bank as a charge-back fee.
And that's where this hobby is absolute w@nk.
Things like this are just far too common.
Haha anyone that was a teen in early to mid 90's remember pre ebay? You had to trade yup ...TRADE with mates or at one of the card shops yup ...CARD SHOPS. The interknob has made collecting more vast but equally dangerous.

And that's where this hobby is absolute w@nk.
Things like this are just far too common.
Haha anyone that was a teen in early to mid 90's remember pre ebay? You had to trade yup ...TRADE with mates or at one of the card shops yup ...CARD SHOPS. The interknob has made collecting more vast but equally dangerous.
yup instead of 1 dickhead at your local that everyone ignores, you now have to deal with a sea of dickheads that want to abuse you for calling them dickheads.

isnt the internet fun?

The internet has its benefits but social media ( with a few exceptions such as this site and others like it) is overwhelmingly toxic and in my humble opinion the worst thing that has happened to humanity. Human beings communicate as such: 55% body language; 38% intonation of voice; and only 7% the actual words. Think about that for a moment. That's why electronic communication is the worst possible way for humans to interract. There's a lot that gets lost in translation so to speak. I am so grateful that I was one of the last generations that grew up without social media and I feel bad for kids that gow up with facebook and other garbage from a very early age. Kids should be out playing sport and interracting. Not sitting there glued to a tablet and communicating using only 7%!!! of effective communication. It's crazy. And emojis are a very poor substitute for conveying the full range of human emotions that are present in person to person communication.

In short: If we continue with social media as the main form of communication we...are...f....

Back
Top Bottom