Surprise mailday

buyingstuffformikelee

Exq Auto Patches rule!
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
buyingstuffformikelee
Well, I got a surprise mail package today at work which completely distracted me the whole day, seriously.

I was expecting a package from Jeff, a guy I met on another board in Japan, but definitely not what was inside it.

When I opened it up, It contained a package from Tim, another guy I met on another board. And I was like, oh man, he didn't again did he?

Yep, he sent me gifts again.

I got this to complete my set that I have been trying to finish for the last 12 odd years. Tim has helped me out big time on this set (along with another member on here in The Truth aka Brad) , in which I thought he had completed for me the first time around. But silly me, missed a few cards and looked like a complete goose.
But Tim went to the trouble again to look through his collection and come up with the goods on my final peice of the puzzle to complete this monster of a 500 plus cards set

TerryDeherreFinalPeice.jpg

Also attached was some PC items in the Shaq man for me :)

He sent me this 3D jersey:

TimsGift1-3DJersey63of999.jpg

This Ultimate Card:

TimsGift2-UltimateCollection461of75.jpg

And this ssssooooo super shiny Refractor card!!!!

TimsGift3-ToppsChromeBlackRefractor.jpg

Then I get to another little packaged item in the mail, and it contained like one of those groovey Phoenix Holders with a note attached from Jeff.

When I looked at it, I was just shocked and just sat there for a moment "Man, what on earth did he do that for? He can't give me this. He just can't".

He sent me this #25 parrallel Auto Jersey Rookie card!!!!:

JeffsFreeGift-SPSignatureauto25.jpg

I don't even know what to say. I am so stoked, that I just had to take the time right now, before I go to bed, bugger work and re-do my site and put that bad boy where it belongs:

Josh Smith Auto Patch Site Please look

I just don't even know what to say to these kind of gestures, and thanks just doesn't cut it.

Mike.

thats awesome mate u must be stoked , big-ups to your buddy

well done on completing that 93/94 set, It was the first set I ever completed back in 94. But I got a helping hand by buying a box of series 1 & 2. What is there like 540 or 518 cards total. Sweet design back in there day well except for those mcdonalds open cards.

youve got a great friend Mike!!

Love the dehere, UD didnt have great technology on their photos back then. You can see where they cut his picture out on his right hand side :D

Hey mate,That's unreal.I had a bloke send me my J O'neal E-xl patch #/44 for a crissy pressy last year.I asked to trade for it ,He said he was sending it for free.
I even tried to get his addy to send him something in return for it,But he said no & did not want anything,It was a gift.It was a very kind jesture on his part.
I won't forget what he did,I will catch up with him & get to return his kind deed.

They are great cards you got there mate.
It would be interesting to see if was the same dude.

Bas - Thanks mate, definitely am for sure. This certainlt ranks right up there and was completely unexpected. He knew I only collected Josh Smityh auto game used cards, as I was all hyped up watching him in the dunk comp that year. I just had to start a collectio of him, but auto game used only (as I love those types of cards). Was so shocked to see the parrallel version in my mail bag :eek:

MavsMan© - Yep, sure is bud. It's guys like this in the hobby that makes it a great experience for all, by looking after other collectors out there. Amazing stuff.I got chatting with him, and he said he actually picked this card up for me a few months back, but was looking for an opportune time to send it to me. Are you after that particular card?

DVS - :-D Ha ha ha Good on ya! Nah, just another top bloke I met on my collecting goals around the world. The holder alone is worth $9US!

scottsophie - Well, that's the thing, it is so unexpected. I have had so many PC items sent to me over the past week or so, and it's just amazing. They are people i have met going about my business, we get talking a bit, and next thing you know, surprise mailday! It's just great.

kidd05 - Definetly, I am still stoked about it and had to put that card right at the top of my PC webpage. It's a great card indeed.

mattyj - Thanks :) Yeah, something about that throwback jersey that makes it sweet for me .

jimboiitmac - I am, I am. I have been fortunate enough to have somehow manage to run into a lot of nice people on my collecting goals throughout my time. I'm sort of dreading the day when I run into a nasty one, whom for whatever reason wants me to suffer or something. But the people I have met, and the many collections I get to see privatley is just amazing let me tell you. There are so many PC collections out there that just take my breath away, but people don't show them, as jealousy is a terrible thing in this hobby and many are tired of being seen as "rich and full of themselves" to go on boards and display maildays etc like many of us guys do.

Dream34 - Yep, 510!!! Man, so unlike todays sets. How funny things have come since them. But yes, the Mcdonalds cards are well, interesting to say the least.

Lippo - Yep, I definetely have for sure. An auto'ed parrallel RC of Josh Smith, I am still amazed.
:-D Yeah, the Rookie cards back then were so unlike todays technology. But I still love that set and that's why, I so wanted to finish it off.

wall3ace - Thanks man. It's so nice to have people look after you, without any thought of a reward or anything like that. It's really great.

andrew3134 - yes indeedy, the Shaq was so shiny it's not funny. My first of course, but dang, I know my 93-94 card in finest wasn't that shiny. Ithink I got ripped out of my money in thinking it was a refractor :-( But anyway.
Yeah man, all cards picture, including the Josh Smith abosolutely free and unexpected. I told him he was crazy in sending me that card, I mean, it's not even priced in Beckett!

aussie2al - Wow, nice one. It's only been happening to me recently, but it's such a thrill to get a surprise mailday. Especially one of this nature.
And it's not even Christmas!!! He just did it as he knew what I wanted and just did it. Ssshheesshh.
The Guy's name is Jeff, so is it the same guy?

gee i can't believe u just took the time to answer every reply that was sent to u , this is why u get xtras mate

Hey that's cool. I give extreme props to guys like these. We've got (& had) a few on here, like Jimmy Jackson, chadjaja, hill33 & thumbboy.

Tell your friend great work. That's what makes the collecting hobby so much fun.

aussie2al - O.k, nah, definitely not Jeff then.

bas - :-D Ha ha ha ha Well, for me, it's the right thing to do and have always done that. Maildays are there to be talked about, both good and bad comments.
And now that I think about it, it actually did score me some Shaq cards (but more importantly another friend around the globe).
On another forum, I got talking to a guy whom thought he didn't get much respect from his maildays on the boards and thanks me for commenting on his maildays. I basically told him straight up, DON"T worry about what others think about your maildays. The only opinion that counts is yours, if you like the cards you pick up, then that's all that matters. So what if you don't have exquisites? There is more to the hobby than exquisites, and there are plenty of sweet looking cards around. Just because a card is worth heaps, doesn't make it a great card.

clarkescards - It certainly is bud. He really loved my site and couldn't stop planning the tune, over and over again :-D Ha ha ha ha
BUt yeah, it's these things that make the hobby what it is.

Back
Top Bottom