Supremacy 2021

What will the pecking order be for each class (just assuming they do this in perpetuity)?

- Platinum Sig
- Supremacy Green
- Gold Sig
- Bronze Sig
- NAB Draft Pick ("true" rookie card?)
- Supremacy Base
- Optimum+ Parallel
- Optimum+
Sounds about right

I'm all for RC cards but wow they've over done it this year. 3 different variety of signatures, Optimum + and Optimum + parallel, Nab top ten draft picks, the supremacy and now the green supremacy

Have hard time seeing these selling out at $200 each.

1475 boxes. 1000+ will be snapped up by SCC, the rest will be gone in a matter of seconds.

The worst insert card in Supremacy and Select go and release another variant. If there were no rookie cards in Supremacy I’d say these are awesome, but way too many rookie cards in one year I think.

See, if it was an encased RC auto, i'd be impressed

The worst insert card in Supremacy and Select go and release another variant. If there were no rookie cards in Supremacy I’d say these are awesome, but way too many rookie cards in one year I think.

I get the criticism but $99 for a guaranteed /25 130pt card encased in a one touch is an absolute gift from Select.

Demand for SCC membership next year is going to be truly next level.

I get the criticism but $99 for a guaranteed /25 130pt card encased in a one touch is an absolute gift from Select.

Demand for SCC membership next year is going to be truly next level.

I hope they cap it at 1000!

Interesting to see how many end up getting kicked out next year

I am wondering if Select have a little Easter egg with this surprise release as well. Gold Headliner in Optimum, God/Hot Box concept in Supremacy… Perhaps the first serialised card of each rookie is autographed?

I am wondering if Select have a little Easter egg with this surprise release as well. Gold Headliner in Optimum, God/Hot Box concept in Supremacy… Perhaps the first serialised card of each rookie is autographed?

Wouldn't be nice if all SCC boxes were autos ;)

I really hope current SCC members get first chance to renew their membership for 2022
We had to fill out a pretty extensive submission to get the membership in the first place.

It seems pretty illogical that we would need to fill out a similar submission every year. I am happy for the next 400 odd who are filling the 1000 cap up to submit, but surely we should be given a chance to renew.

Wouldn't surprise me if it blows out to 2000 applications or something silly, and then they'll keep our allocations to 1 box and make us fight for special releases like the RC/25

Wouldn't surprise me if it blows out to 2000 applications or something silly, and then they'll keep our allocations to 1 box and make us fight for special releases like the RC/25

I hope they don't blow it out. People had the opportunity first time around. From memory they didn't quite get 1000, and there have been quite a few deregistered. If 1,500 new members applied I don't think it would be too cynical to think a lot of these were flippers before collectors.

I hope they don't blow it out. People had the opportunity first time around. From memory they didn't quite get 1000, and there have been quite a few deregistered. If 1,500 new members applied I don't think it would be too cynical to think a lot of these were flippers before collectors.
Lots of people said it was bullshit. A cash grab.

It might have been, but the benefits clearly outweigh any negatives.

If 1500 applied, then yes, people are getting in for the flip. Keep it a 1k and open up memberships for anyone dropping off or breaking the rules at the end of each season

I have a feeling its going to be something like 2000 memberships at $200 each.

Just money for jam for Select.
If I were Select I'd be working on the longevity of the boom, rather than cashing in on it.

People are already leaving the hobby because product is hard to get when it's released. Doubling the SCC quota will compound a lot of issues I would have thought. Great for breakers.

If I were Select I'd be working on the longevity of the boom, rather than cashing in on it.

People are already leaving the hobby because product is hard to get when it's released. Doubling the SCC quota will compound a lot of issues I would have thought. Great for breakers.

Personally I suspect the peak of the boom has already come and gone. Once Select price sets like Prestige at a level that effectively kills flipping there will be a quick snowball effect on demand and the landscape will change fast.

I'm of the opinion we'll be looking at the hobby differently in as little as 12 months and in a few years it will much more closely resemble what it looked like in 2018 and 2019 with perhaps a few extra collectors left from the boom era.

Personally I suspect the peak of the boom has already come and gone. Once Select price sets like Prestige at a level that effectively kills flipping there will be a quick snowball effect on demand and the landscape will change fast.

I'm of the opinion we'll be looking at the hobby differently in as little as 12 months and in a few years it will much more closely resemble what it looked like in 2018 and 2019 with perhaps a few extra collectors left from the boom era.
Yeah, I agree. I think we've passed the peak. I think we'll notice it with Prestige '22. Will be a lost opportunity though if the hobby returns to where it was.

Hopefully one day in the not too distant future, I'll be able to get Carlton cards on the secondary market at a non-hyper-inflation price.

I don't see it happening, AFL is the premier sport in the country and with only one company producing product the supply is limited, product quality has significantly increase since 2016, box breaking has increase the sealed secondary market.

Time you were guaranteed stock is gone, certain cards like Dustin martin or the newest hot rookie might come down if "investors" leave but sealed product and most cards wont be declining in value or demand.

Back
Top Bottom