Suggestions for a card shop in Sydney

Most important factor for a customer of a card store in Sydney?

• Location, being situated within the Sydney CBD?

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Prices and variety?

Votes: 52 72.2%
  • Close to public transport facilities?

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Availability of nearby parking?

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Expertise and quality of service?

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters
If your thinking of Parra, a shop primarily selling bkball cards in Parra only lasted 6 months. They opened in 04 or 05.

I like price and variety, each their own.

I visited the warhammer shop in parra which is next to phantom zone, da play ground and they are much happier out of westfields and have regular game meets. I think near there would be a good spot as you could attract comic/sci fi customers from Phantom zone, CCG collectors from the warhammer shop etc.
There is a paid parking station across the road as well.

That's what i was thinking. Plus Parra's use to have a few card store's which have proven the test of survival eg. Collectors Edge and ED's cards (more than 10 years in business each).

i dunno man, imagine a little kid pulls a jordan auto 1/1 and then accidently drops it :lol:

rather start them with NRL or cricket cards and move them to basketball when they get a bit older

That's what i was thinking. Plus Parra's use to have a few card store's which have proven the test of survival eg. Collectors Edge and ED's cards (more than 10 years in business each).

:lol: I remember Ed's in the little arcade. Also remember when he was at the easter show one year, if i recall the fatty footy cards were big news then :D

with all these card shops opening another one might open up in coffs harbour :lol:

i remember when i came up here for holidays many many many moons ago and there was a lil one tucked away in a corner, memories of the shop entry window full of ultra pro pages of inserts with prices

lol smc, Card Attack in the mall which was next to the Woolworths carpark....last time i was up there it was a Smiths Family shop. I used to ride my bike from Toormina on the weekends just to go to that shop and buy a couple of packets.

Goes to show that collectors will travel.

:lol: I remember Ed's in the little arcade. Also remember when he was at the easter show one year, if i recall the fatty footy cards were big news then :D

They were good since they offered great customer service unlike Collectors Edge. I still continued to buy from them at there Fairfield store when Ed's closed there door.

Sounds like a great idea (maybe a Hobby store co-op) - i could take care of all the import requirements...:)
Honestly the thought has crossed my mind, hmmm.. if only

Would be great to have one. We have a card/comic book shop in Newcastle that has been around for years. I went in once and asked if they had any football cards - the guy looked at me like i was from Mars.....

Hey garry was reading through this and wondered if u still giving any thought into it? Would be a great idea in western syd. Are u still thinking about it or no more???

Parramatta would be perfect near the library or the comic shops there
So many people head through para daily westfields and train station nearby and it's a very central location for anyone living in or around Sydney. I wish I could do it but starting from scratch would be hard ESP with a few online sellers in syd with clients already using them for product. Would be great to have something in syd. Very envious of Melbourne and now Perth with decent lcs nearby.

About the only place you could put a store in parramatta and still be (relatively safe) would be south of the trainline on Church street - down near where the hobby shop is and among the chinese stores. Anything north of the rail lines (church street mall and up) is a big risk because of the junkies that hang around there. I was up in sydney only recently and took a look through parramatta - could not believe the amount of human detritus I saw hanging around church street mall near the park! Parramatta was never that bad!!!

About the only place you could put a store in parramatta and still be (relatively safe) would be south of the trainline on Church street - down near where the hobby shop is and among the chinese stores. Anything north of the rail lines (church street mall and up) is a big risk because of the junkies that hang around there. I was up in sydney only recently and took a look through parramatta - could not believe the amount of human detritus I saw hanging around church street mall near the park! Parramatta was never that bad!!!

And north of the train lines is dominated by Asian groceries and such :lol:

I think we're all talking about the same area, now Gary set one up! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom