Story of you destroying a card.

Mr.Gem.Mint

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Aaron
I'll start of course. A few years ago i was diagnosed with cancer but with a great oncologist i made it through!

As usual i was still collecting, albeit slowly lol

One day i get a package and its a Manu Ginobili 03-04 Exquisite Gold/25.

Now i don't know if anyone has gone through chemo, its hell. I was soooo medded up that i forgot about the Manu which i had left in the bubble mailer.

....sooooo in the trash it went then to the dumpster all before I realized what happened.

So in conclusion, there are now only 24 03-04 Ginobili golds/25 :(

Please share your stories!

Ahhh dang that really sucks about the card and sorry to hear that you had to go through chemo and even better to hear you got through it! I can't recall accidentally destroying any of my cards I think I would be devastated if I ever did that, but a few weeks back I received a package in the office and I opened it and it was a Birdman patch and I put it in my work bag and went home. When I got home I couldn't find it anywhere, I searched high and low, checked the car and retraced my steps back to work and still could,'t find it. I figured it had to have fallen out of my bag somehow....so there is some bum with my Birdman patch card at home...and I only took a quick look at it at work because I was so busy :thumbsdown:

I can't even recall what cards so it couldn't have been too traumatic but it was just a few inserts and /299 stuff maybe that I tried to put in a wrong sized penny sleeve, dog-eared a corner, said sh1t and threw in the bin cause I couldn't stand looking at it.

In my youth as a very foolish child of around 10 or 11 years old I remember mum buying me and my brother some packs of 96/97 Fleer Ultra.

I my pack I pulled a Kobe platinum medallions like this one

rYV1a9G.jpg

I thought it was awesome because it looked different to all the other cards even though I dont think I had ever heard of Kobe back then.

Any way I would always have cards (mostly rugby union) on the front of my school folder that mum would cover with clear Duraseal (or whatever it is called in Aus) needless to say that the next year Kobe made his way to the front and centre of my folder to be forever trapped in clear plastic.

Not too many years later I am pretty sure it made its way in to one of dads famous bonfires.

:(

I had a MJ scoring king, and when moving house noticed it had been left in my bedside draw. So see as all my other collectables had already been packed away, I decided to hide it inside my NSW Origin cushion. Well as time went on, I forgot it was in there. So as Origin time comes around, my wife decides that seeing as QLD won their 7 series in a row, I wouldn't want a constant reminder of our 7th loss. So she tossed my cushion, along with my beautiful Jordan in the bin. It wasn't untill she said it got tossed out, that the instantaneous flash back hit me like a tone of bricks.....that'll lern me!

Back
Top Bottom