Sticker Auto's

Kneeya78

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Nghia
eBay User
nghia78
Hi All,

A thread about this has probably already been created but why is there such a dislike/hatred (strong word) of sticker auto's. Does it really de-value a card, or is it each to their own. Just wondering.

I Don't mind them if they are done correctly (nice card design etc) but I would much rather a on card auto. I have got a couple that are off-centre and have pieces of fluff and crap under the sticker.

Anyone can sign a sheet of stickers but on card means they have seen the card and taken the time to sign it and it just looks better!

I do notice they do sell lower than what an on card auto would.

I don't "hate" them as such, as long as they aren't cut off. When an auto is cut off, even partially, it's just silly and can't stand that.

I prefer on -card, but stickers I am fine with as long as they arn't cut off.

Sell significantly lower in some cases. Case in point, search out the sell prices for Scottie Pippen 04/05 Exquisite Auto/Patches #/100 (which are on card) Vs. Scottie Pippen 05/06 Exquisite Auto/Patches #/100 (which are a sticker). Some $100 difference it used to be while I was shopping for an 04/05.

I have 0 problem with sticker autos.....I've never bought a card thinking hmm is that on card or a sticker.....I couldn't give a rats. An auto is an auto a patch is a patch I couldn't care less if a patch is manufactured or worn in a game, but everyone is different.

Sell significantly lower in some cases. Case in point, search out the sell prices for Scottie Pippen 04/05 Exquisite Auto/Patches #/100 (which are on card) Vs. Scottie Pippen 05/06 Exquisite Auto/Patches #/100 (which are a sticker). Some $100 difference it used to be while I was shopping for an 04/05.

Oohhhhhh yeah, the classic sticker in Exquisite :D

it's basically "each to their own" mate, i guess some people in the ebay market wouldn't care less as people on this board.

in my opinion stickers look more tacky and if they are crooked that's the most annoying. if they were done properly 100% of the time i think there'd be much less dislike of them.

oncard seems to make the signature just that much more special though.

To me sticker auto's are just that, an autographed sticker. I wouldn't buy a jersey with a sticker auto on it, so I wouldn't buy a card with a sticker auto on it either.

I also dislike manufactured patches and that is partially why I have completely gone off GU's and patches too.

Sticker auto's a becoming a norm in today's hobby. They turn you off even if the player signed very clean on eg.Drexler. I'll rather pay a little more for a hard-signed copy that is touched by the player and is maybe more limited.

If it does become the norm i wont be collecting any of the new cards that come out with sticker autos personally i prefer the on card autograph, patches im not really fussed about being game worn or manufactured I go on how the patch looks!

Same old same old.....

Its really each to their own! With both, I dont really go after manufactured patches, I prefer the real ones for some reason. AS for Autos I dont really care but I do think on cards are nicer!

I don't think a sticker auto devalues a card. I mean, compare a Topps Finest sticker Auto with a Hardcourt sticker Auto. Finest is a higher end product so should generally sell higher.

You can't compare a sticker auto to an on-card auto simply because there's no sticker and on-card auto of the same card....

I don't really like sticker autos, but I don't mind them, it's still a signed card.
Only difference really, you know the player has touched the card, and not just a stack of sticker sheets.

Sticker and Cut auto discussions/arguments/****fights open up some great reads on the Non Sports Update forums.

Back
Top Bottom