Sticker Autos vs On Card Autos

wasportsfan1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Bill
hey guys I have a mate that thinks sticker autos are worth sweet f&%k all and on card autos are the way to go we have this argument everytime I pull my out Lebron James sticker auto :( I do agree that on card autos are better but would they be worth more $$$ in the future with less and less on card autos getting produced? What are you guys thoughts?

Im new to the game and for me im just happy to get an autograph of an NBA superstar!:woot:
I don't care if its on a tshirt, hat, paper, napkin or a sticker.
I agree the on card autos looks nicer but imo an auto sticker or not is a pretty special piece.

I'm with your mate, on-card all the way. Stickers are just lazy card companies way of maximising profits and giving collectors the big FU.
It makes me rage when I see my PC guys have new auto cards then finding out they are stickers. I'd much rather a redemption and wait for the card to be signed than a poxy looking sticker plastered all over the face of it.

ON CARD or nothing for me these days!

Several reason
  • Seem a little more personal
  • not as many cut off autos
  • cleaner card designs
  • Usually lower numbered
On card will always be worth more (on average) because there are more people that desire them, and create higher demand/prices!

Always prefer on card - signatures was a prime example where the sticker just should not have been used. However that said some times a sticker auto is perfectly ok for the cost of the box in low end stuff.

Sticker cards are an easy solution for card companies to release more products on time because of scheduling issues with the NBA players. Think about the time a player would need to take from his schedule to meet up with a rep, then multiply that by the number of players they've got in the set and the various states they are based in. If they have a schedule conflict, more time delays. That's why multi player card autos if you think about it are actually very bloody difficult to get done because they have to schedule them around the 3-8 players being featured on the card. Stickers autos basically the player sits on the bus or the plane, or in his down time and autographs away. It is here to stay, what I do think that Panini needs to do is come up with ways to make them not seem so blatantly sticker autos but to design it to be part of the card like these:

$(KGrHqR,!ogE-0e9q29VBP)961lQNw~~60_3.JPG
$T2eC16NHJGwFFZOo0c9YBSD(Gl57(g~~60_57.JPG

Sorry I have a no sticker rule.

Mostly they just look tacky.

in saying that, there has been a few sets that have gotten away with it, 05/06 SP Signature Edition and 09/10 UD are still sweet, but their large checklist helps I think.

There are way too many Autos out there, they should cut them down and make less and have them on card.

If I'm gonna spend a large amount on an auto, I'd look for on card first, but if the sticker fits nicely into the design & is clean & not cut off then it's cool. Also if the sticker is with a game used piece from an important game the player was in, then I can live with it.

Cause the chances of meeting these players is really low, I was happy with just getting an auto in a pack.

Where possible I think everyone would go for on card autos. The only thing I don't like is when the auto runs off the sticker, I stay away from those... or I have even seen some stickers put on upside down.
As long as the auto is clean and clear, it's a winner for me.

I thought part of the reason for sticker auto's was so many collectors complaining about card condition of on card auto's.
Sometimes not handled with care by the sports stars signing them causing imperfections but like others have said, being on card is definitely the way to go imo but sticker auto's have become a necessary evil in collecting

I prefer on-card as well, because a sticker auto basically feels like they didn't even autograph my card - they just signed a massive sticker sheet and didn't even care where the autograph would end up. I like to imagine a very large black* pair of hands lovingly holding my card while signing their name and wishing me the best, devoting so much time and energy to me that they couldn't possibly manage it another 998 times. I am one of the chosen few. My existence is acknowledged. Today was a good day.

Also the stickers look crap. Except when signed by Doron Lamb because his autograph reminds me of year 3 which has sentimental value.

*no racist... all my pc players are black. Yes, even griffin.

m4Z9iLsUsjm3PL4nA4EDnyQ.jpg

I agree, on card is the way to go but I liked this the moment I saw it,

Not mine, Google image :D

995963_279838672157766_1101678092_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom