Portland10

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Eddy
eBay User
eddybjfc00
COMC User
portland10
Hey guys, I've had this card in a display cabinet for the past two years. Today I noticed a significant amount of fading on the auto. Is this common on sticker autos? Or is it due to room temperature or potential sun exposure?

DAME RC.JPG

Any feedback will be appreciated

Ouch...

Even on card autos will fade in the sunlight. There was a place here that had lighting in their display cabinet and even that caused fading on some autos in a very short amount of time.

You could look into a product named Slab Guard for anything graded you want to display as I believe they have a UV protection and for non graded make sure you get the one touches with UV protection. But even then i would be avoiding as much light as possible just to be safe.

Thanks for the feedback. I had it in a glass cabinet with autographed basketballs which were my main concern. I didn't even think about the card to be honest. Looks like I'll have to do some furniture rearranging

I was always under the impression that the graded slabs were UV protected? am I wrong in this assumption?

I was always under the impression that the graded slabs were UV protected? am I wrong in this assumption?

from the article Matt linked to above:

Don’t BGS And PSA Slabs Have UV Protection Built In?
No, actually, not really. BGS says they add UV resistant material to their slabs. But when asked how much, or to what level they are protected, the answer was “as much as we could add without yellowing the slab”. Clearly (based on the evidence above), if there is any protection it’s not very much. PSA, on the other hand, makes no claims of UV protection in their graded cards. That means it’s your job to protect your cards.

from the article Matt linked to above:

Don’t BGS And PSA Slabs Have UV Protection Built In?
No, actually, not really. BGS says they add UV resistant material to their slabs. But when asked how much, or to what level they are protected, the answer was “as much as we could add without yellowing the slab”. Clearly (based on the evidence above), if there is any protection it’s not very much. PSA, on the other hand, makes no claims of UV protection in their graded cards. That means it’s your job to protect your cards.
well,you learn something new every day..
cheers for the info

Back
Top Bottom