State of Origin is dead

I feel that NSW still had their specific plan in place from game 1. That was to rumble through the middle with their big boys, create a second phase play for the outside back from it. QLD had them worked out and they had no plan B in attack. QLD's attack was so much smarter, spread the ball quickly from side to side and then back through where the forwards were tired and didn't stop the offloads. NSW lucky it wasn't 40-6

Bravo Qld.

The New (South Wales) World Order did not arrive.

That said, QLD erred in their team selections in game 1 leaving out Slater and sticking fast to some stodgy players who had "done it before". Once they got Slater and JT back for game 2, they found their groove and never relented after half time.

Smith, Slater, Cronk and JT all truly great.

NSW...where to from here?! Oh dear oh dear.

Maybe SOO isn't dead, but NSW look it. Sigh.

until we have some good halves we will keep on losing unfortunately.
johns may have to come out of retirement with fittler lol.

I think it's all due to the quality of the players. We have the capability to win, but the last time we won a decider was 2005. Back then at that time every player in the spine position for NSW was better than the Queensland opposition. e.g. Minichello was Australian fullback and Slater was just starting out, Cameron Smith just starting out and Buderus the Best. Hopefully one day the Blues will have a dominant halfback.

I'm not annoyed NSW lost though. I get more annoyed teams like Para get 2 free points playing a Storm team with no Slater, Cronk, Smith, Munster, Glasby, Chambers.

I think it's all due to the quality of the players. We have the capability to win, but the last time we won a decider was 2005. Back then at that time every player in the spine position for NSW was better than the Queensland opposition. e.g. Minichello was Australian fullback and Slater was just starting out, Cameron Smith just starting out and Buderus the Best. Hopefully one day the Blues will have a dominant halfback.
No one can blame the half back last night , I can think of 5 other players in front of him that were very poor

No one can blame the half back last night , I can think of 5 other players in front of him that were very poor
Well they can blame the halfback but whether they are right is subjective. Lets be honest though he wasn't good.

I for one will put my hand up and say we can't select Pearce again he has had his shot and it is time for NSW to move on.

Ross

Yep Origin is dead again........however.......it would be well and truly alive if I were a Queensland supporter.......geez they know how to win.

On the the rest of the NRL season now where I cant wait to watch my team win a few more games and finish 10th.

Well they can blame the halfback but whether they are right is subjective. Lets be honest though he wasn't good.

I for one will put my hand up and say we can't select Pearce again he has had his shot and it is time for NSW to move on.

Ross
I'm not sticking up for him at all, he's had more than enough chances, Nsw had there chance at half time in game 2 to win the series and didn't no how too

Have a look at peats state no runs no metres what a player / hooker lol

Pretty sure peats played his role, if they wanted him to run/kick they would have picked Farah again

Brett Morris only selected because no Tom Trobjevic. Safe to say many of the 2014 winners wont ever play again (J morris, jennings, hodkinson etc). Wingers will probably be mansour and trobjevic next year although I think they need to utilize Rapana, Leilua and Austin

Brett Morris only selected because no Tom Trobjevic. Safe to say many of the 2014 winners wont ever play again (J morris, jennings, hodkinson etc). Wingers will probably be mansour and trobjevic next year although I think they need to utilize Rapana, Leilua and Austin

Austin? Really. Maybe on last years form

Rapana is a Kiwi and too much heart to be a Blue!!

Austin no chance, been ordinary this year, solid last year. 2015 was his best.

Leilua, a big gap between his best and worst. On his best day definitely SOO material but on his worst, NSW Cup... No consistency.

I think Croker would be a more consistent option.

Doesn't really bother me who they pick or don't it just feel good to be a QLDER

Back
Top Bottom