State of Origin is dead

I will bite, but not in the way you fancy!!

QLD completely and utterly outplayed. The result was probably flattering as NSW took their foot off the attacking pedal for the last 15.

Game 2 will be much closer. I expect Slater to 1, Boyd to wing and Gagai into centers for O'Neill. If JT is fit obviously back for Milf who acquitted himself okay behind a badly beaten forward pack.

QLD's bench lacked punch. Lillyman and Guerra are both lucky to be playing NRL let alone SOO such is their form although Guerra was okay. Hess is an option but defensively he might be found wanting.

Good to see NSW finally pick on form aside from Dugan and Ferguson. How those two continually make rep teams is beyond me.

QLD completely and utterly outplayed. The result was probably flattering as NSW took their foot off the attacking pedal for the last 15.

Game 2 will be much closer. I expect Slater to 1, Boyd to wing and Gagai into centers for O'Neill. If JT is fit obviously back for Milf who acquitted himself okay behind a badly beaten forward pack.

QLD's bench lacked punch. Lillyman and Guerra are both lucky to be playing NRL let alone SOO such is their form although Guerra was okay. Hess is an option but defensively he might be found wanting.

Good to see NSW finally pick on form aside from Dugan and Ferguson. How those two continually make rep teams is beyond me.

Id have slater as one of the first picked but from what im reading they seem more keen on Holmes as a replacement out wide than Slater. Hess, Wallace id happily give a crack and possibly Lowe. Im not a massive Milford fan but id like him on the bench for speed but can't see Morgan going anywhere as he is more versatile. Id even have Munster over Milf for that reason

Origin died the moment the biff got banned.

It's an exciting game, but there is an extra level of "what's next" when you knew some fisticuffs could break out at any moment.

People always say we cant have kids watching it......but how many kids are up at 8:25 pm on a school night anyway when they finally decide to kick off.

Sure Wednesday night was one of the best first halves i've ever seen in terms of quality, but its just lacking that extra spark that it used to have.

RIP Origin.......you are missed

Cheers
Matt

I was after any kind of response as I was starting to worry what had happened because for so long those who support Nth of the Border where generally quick to "graciously" share their opinions on SOO.

Even though it was won through the middle QLD will be much stronger as you outlined by changing the backs around Slater to FB, Boyd to Wing and Gagai to centres.

I would swap Wallace for Lillyman and Hess for Geurag and even Brenton Lawrence for Myles.

I think your harsh on Dugan he has been in pretty good form and pretty consistent in reps for a long time now I thinks it's time to let go of the way he left Canberra, I would be happy not see the sex offender in our team though and I would replace him with Tom Trbojevic and in the long term cut Morris moving Hayne out to the wing and bringing in either D Walker or J Roberts in the centres.

Cheers
Ross

Queenslanders have long known about the whining diatribes that new south welshmen get up to - that's why you didn't get any bites at the beginning.

This needs to be explained to you - hence this post.

I was after any kind of response as I was starting to worry what had happened because for so long those who support Nth of the Border where generally quick to "graciously" share their opinions on SOO.

Even though it was won through the middle QLD will be much stronger as you outlined by changing the backs around Slater to FB, Boyd to Wing and Gagai to centres.

I would swap Wallace for Lillyman and Hess for Geurag and even Brenton Lawrence for Myles.

I think your harsh on Dugan he has been in pretty good form and pretty consistent in reps for a long time now I thinks it's time to let go of the way he left Canberra, I would be happy not see the sex offender in our team though and I would replace him with Tom Trbojevic and in the long term cut Morris moving Hayne out to the wing and bringing in either D Walker or J Roberts in the centres.

Cheers
Ross

Guerra was actually solid last night, looked dangerous so he might keep a bench spot under the loyalty factor.

Thaiday must be close to pasture. Sims has been good so there are options.

Hess is a beast with the ball but not quite sure if his defence is up to origin yet. Desperate times call for desperate measures though!

You are right, I have a big bias toward Dugan, the way he left Canberra is a factor but just the way he conducts himself. He gets hit and he is down injured, this must happen 4-5 times per game. The way he has treated the Dragons recently shows his character, they gave him a lifeline when other clubs wouldn't touch him and he can't show any loyalty.

I think that is what they say up North when they loose.
???

And why do you think we are loose? Does that mean that we are not tight? Oh, you mean lose...

Forgive me, I thought I was talking with someone intelligent...

That's better there is still some fight left in Queensland and congrats on winning the spelling bee shame about the footy.

I apologise for my poor spelling at midnight Wednesday celebrating the confirmation of a new dynasty in SOO, you are correct I spelt lose phonetically a common mistake I make. I will in future when using the verb 'lose' in the infinitive and present tense whilst reminding you and your fellow Qlders of the score to drop the second "o".

Cheers
Ross

That's better there is still some fight left in Queensland and congrats on winning the spelling bee shame about the footy.

I apologise for my poor spelling at midnight Wednesday celebrating the confirmation of a new dynasty in SOO, you are correct I spelt lose phonetically a common mistake I make. I will in future when using the verb 'lose' in the infinitive and present tense whilst reminding you and your fellow Qlders of the score to drop the second "o".

Cheers
Ross
Wasn`t the same thing said in 2014 ( celebrating the confirmation of a new dynasty in SOO ) ...We all know what happened after that year :lol::lol::lol: .....

Say no more ..... Yes I am expecting to be shot down and if I don`t it will be most disappointing ....

I don't think I was as confident back in 2014 that we had the right team as I am this time but I'm sure we "respectfully" talked it up after so many loses in a row anyway.

I had a look at that 2014 NSW S.O.O squad and I have no idea how they won. Interestingly and only 3 players remain from that two game win v 11 from QLD.

I know it's far from over and I bet if QLD do win the series I'll get a much bigger response to this thread. At least I think we have finally picked the right team to give us a good chance.

Bleeding Blue
Ross

I don't think I was as confident back in 2014 that we had the right team as I am this time but I'm sure we "respectfully" talked it up after so many loses in a row anyway.

I had a look at that 2014 NSW S.O.O squad and I have no idea how they won. Interestingly and only 3 players remain from that two game win v 11 from QLD.

I know it's far from over and I bet if QLD do win the series I'll get a much bigger response to this thread. At least I think we have finally picked the right team to give us a good chance.

Bleeding Blue
Ross

Think cronk was out in 2014

State of Origin was only created to keep Qlders happy.
keep in mind, if we did not have qld's playing footy, we would have had pretty boring Australian sides and maybe the poms would have beaten us a lot more in the seventies and our game today would have been a lot more LOOSE.

Back
Top Bottom