state of origin game 1

NSW played crap for 70 minutes and still got close.

QLD scored 2 tries thanks mainly to crap NSW defence if Hayne didn't touch the sideline, the result could have gone either way.

The refs were craptastic, but it was both ways.

Cant wait for game 2!

Ehh Your right there Dave, Campese was a big no show!! and Wallace didnt do much at all!

Craig wing should be starting after that last 20 minutes of footy, he was on fire.

QLD should have taken their opportunities and probably scored 2 or 3 more tries than they did early on.

I think Meninga will get up them for some poor defence and game 2 should be a bit more of a flogging hahaha.

I still can't understand how the blues got within 6 points with about 10 mins to go! Amazing.....
I did notice that whenever QLD played the ball, NSW defenders just didn't move up to hit them, they stayed 10 metres away and let the attacking runner come to them. That's giving 50 metres away each set before the kick. No wonder QLD won! Defence is all attitude and passion, the Blues just don't have it. The Blues won't win another Origin series for at least 3 more years, and it will be a bonus if they win even one game in that time. (And yes, I'm a Blues supporter). QLD should be FORCED to give back the players that they stole from NSW (Inglis is born and bred NSW, with his first game at 16 in NSW - just like Folau), and to also give Neil Henry back to NSW! Bloody traitors, the lot of em.
I agree with all the comments on Campese - they shouldn't pick him for Game 2. But only because I want him playing for Canberra hehe. On the flip-side, choosing McManus over Monaghan was a very bad choice. McManus didn't make any tackles while missing 5, and Monaghan at least has the height and strength to take on that Blues winger who plays for Qld, Folau. Gidley will bounce back, he's too good a player not to. NSW really missed Gallen out there too.
Go the Blues in Game 2!

i think the blues definitely stepped up a level in the 2nd half. even though im a proud queensland supporter, Jarryd hayne earned my man of the match. he played fantastic and i think he is in very strong form at the moment. mcmanus, campese, wallace were quiet. Wing was also AWESOME in his 20 mins of gametime. they should put him on earlier but the prospect of having him zipping around tired queensland defenders near the end of the game. or start(oldie queensland forwards petero and price haha), is a choice nsw has to make.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

agreed. lyon played crap.

QLD on top :thumbsup: as they deserve to be! Good game to watch of course :lol:

However i have this to comment on...
Hayne probably should of been given that try as a benefit of a doubt....i almost thought he had it due to all the replays they had of that play :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NSW did well to get to the score they did....but quite honestly QLD played a better game...i still think QLD had such success due to NSW's mistakes though.

Bring on game 2!
Brplat

Campese shouldve taken over that game like he does with Canberra. If one of our halves needs to go its Wallace, but i would keep the whole team.
Gallens offloads and second phase play was definately missing.

Back
Top Bottom