Starting out collecting NBA card

Croz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
Mattcroz
Since it’s year has only two sets of NRL coming out, I have been looking to collect another

I came across 2018/19 Panini Donruss in stores and I have given them a go.

My question is collectors more of the master, team or player with the NBA ones?

Just wondering

Thanks

Set collecting is fun, but most pick players to collect and a new rookie or two, to have a gamble on.
Master sets in basketball are virtually impossible to assemble. Single player rainbows are hard enough thanks to Panini and their variations. They are like Gremlins falling in a pool of water. They keep multiplying. This year's Select I think has +30 different colour variations of each card in the set.
So which ever road you choose have fun.

Set collecting is fun, but most pick players to collect and a new rookie or two, to have a gamble on.
Master sets in basketball are virtually impossible to assemble. Single player rainbows are hard enough thanks to Panini and their variations. They are like Gremlins falling in a pool of water. They keep multiplying. This year's Select I think has +30 different colour variations of each card in the set.
So which ever road you choose have fun.
Thanks mate, that given me a good start somewhere and I Had a quick look of what I grabbed already thru packs and the names that keep coming up were:

Lebron James, Wendell Carter Jr and Marvin Bagley III
(I think ones a seasoned vet and rookie)

Might start with them (already got. Few of them both)

Last edited:
Personally, i'd start with Sets - generally far easier to complete - though what we're seeing in K-Mart, Big W and Zing/EB is purely retail so collation is questionable. As to players .... LeBron can get pricey very quickly - he has a lot cards and they aren't cheap. The Rookies (Carter jr and Bagley) .... both are much of a muchness, though i think Bagley might have more of a chance of sticking around for a while.

Back
Top Bottom