Star Wars 40th Anniversary Case Break !

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Finally got to break my case, wasn't too bad, but probably not great either. Lets just say I'm happy I paid the presell price and not the current asking price.

Seems I'm still building on my collection of Star Wars Bit Player Autographs ! The set itself is good fun, love the Macquarrie and other art cards. They should probably have been inserts and jazzed up a little though.
Buybacks were great fun, found myself looking forward to seeing what old card I'd pull in each box and I did pretty well getting some iconic images.

On with the show !

Box 1

An auto of an actor I don't have (Jack Klaffe), a Cel "1/1" and a buyback featuring Vader missing his cape!

Cel close up -

Box 2

"Ooteedee!!!!" Auto (Rusty Goffe), a second 1/1 Cel, a nice buyback of The Falcon, and a /100 SWCT Sticker card.

A Y-Wing bites the dust !

Box 3

Happy to get an auto of the "real" Bib Fortuna (Michael Carter), great Star Wars Evolution Buyback sketch by Jennifer Allyn "Nooooo.....That's impossible....." :D A pretty nice buyback and a /40 gold.

Box 4

I don't collect prequel stuff, but might add this Bai Ling to the PC just because of all the other stuff she's been in (Entourage etc). Sketch is by Kallan Archer. Another nice Buyback and a /100 purple Yoda.

Box 5

Sadly it turned out the /10 Grievous (Matthew Wood) was my Case Hit. Considering I don't collect prequel stuff, it'll probably head to the 'bay. Pretty awesome Tusken Raider by Kyle Hickman. Another iconic buyback and another /40 gold.

Box 6

Double auto box, with a /40 purple Paul Blake and Matthew Wood back again as Grievous.

Box 7

Another Auto of an actor I didn't have in Glyn Baker. My only medallion in the case (thankfully!) a buyback and a gold /40 from Force Awakens for the Rey PC (Yeah, it's a reach I know ! ;) )

Box 8

"IT'S A TRAP!" Auto of your friend and mine, Tim Rose. Base printing plate of card #86. Another nice buyback and a neat /100 Jyn for the Jyn Erso PC.

Guess this last Auto pretty much sums up the case, but it was a fun ride all the same. I'd probably consider another case if I could get it at presell pricing, but I really don't think the product is worth any more than $100 or so a box at max.

I am surprised at how much people are loving this product, personally I think its a bit underwhelming, too many no-name autos and too many cases where the "case hit" is pretty meh. I know some of the other Star Wars sets have been super let downs and maybe the fact that this is "ok" puts it up there, but I agree that the value isn't there at the current box prices, will be interesting to see how it goes over the next month or 2

My fav card in your break is actually the purple yoda - I love him with a lightsaber!

Back
Top Bottom