Spotlight redemption. What's the verdict?

Muzza

Back to Belmore
Real Name
Murray
eBay User
muzz456
COMC User
muzz456
Got this in the post today. Maybe shouldn't have redeemed it?
20211021_201021.jpg

Patch isn’t the most colourful but still a nice card!
Maybe each player should give them a couple of game used jerseys to use as patches.These cards could look outstanding if they only took more time choosing each piece to put in each card.Seriously,take a good look at some of the patches that go into the basketball cards,there outstanding.

There's a few things I'd like to comment on with regards to these cards.

Firstly, this is the finest booklet card I've seen in hand. I've got several NFL booklets and seen some NBL's from other collectors. This is a nicer card than any I've seen.
So why, when this is the "prime" jersey card in the release, are the patches so crappy?
The cards are numbered to 42, so they get 42 goes at snipping a patch for these cards before moving on to the next lot of Spotlights.
Where is the quality control that might just mention to the snipper that the Sharks colours are black, white and blue? Same goes for the other teams represented. I've seen some rubbish patches for every teams' cards.
So I'm thinking that the worth of this card (both monetary and asthetic) has been greatly reduced by this absolutely terrible patch.

Not finished yet.

The selection of players has been mentioned before so I'll just mention it again. Sione Katoa and Anthony Milford are a reach, but Tom Eisenhuth & Laclan Burr!!!
And does any team collector want a Spotlight Jersey Patch Signature card of their team with the notation that it comes from a game where they were flogged by 40 points on some particular date? I know that certain teams are locked in for these cards but still not a good look.

That'll do.

Firstly, this is the finest booklet card I've seen in hand. I've got several NFL booklets and seen some NBL's from other collectors. This is a nicer card than any I've seen.
So why, when this is the "prime" jersey card in the release, are the patches so crappy?
The cards are numbered to 42, so they get 42 goes at snipping a patch for these cards before moving on to the next lot of Spotlights.
Where is the quality control that might just mention to the snipper that the Sharks colours are black, white and blue? Same goes for the other teams represented. I've seen some rubbish patches for every teams' cards.
So I'm thinking that the worth of this card (both monetary and asthetic) has been greatly reduced by this absolutely terrible patch.

Not finished yet.

The selection of players has been mentioned before so I'll just mention it again. Sione Katoa and Anthony Milford are a reach, but Tom Eisenhuth & Laclan Burr!!!
And does any team collector want a Spotlight Jersey Patch Signature card of their team with the notation that it comes from a game where they were flogged by 40 points on some particular date? I know that certain teams are locked in for these cards but still not a good look.

That'll do.

Have to agree with you on some of your points here....... the thing is that these booklets are stunning cards, where they fall down is the little extra things that make the go from good cards to extra special cards..

- making sure the patches are all multicolour and stand out patches. Put some effort into this.
- picking players that people want to collect ( I got lucky with the Panthers card being Kikau who is a decent player)

The point I made to TLA (when they were so focused on Road To the Finals and the patches having to be from jerseys worn in the finals - limiting which teams could be used) was that people really don't care in what specific game the jersey was worn, you just want to be sure that it was worn in a game by the player (a decent player) and you put great patches on the cards.

It's these little things that TLA don't do which always seems to let them down. They get 90% of the way there and let themselves down with the last 10%.

I mean look at the 1/1 patch cards from this year..... I mean how hard could it be to make sure you put THE best patch in the card.......instead you get this..... which turns what could be an epic card into a card id like but probably wouldn't want to spend big $$ on.

c14.jpg

Not finished yet.

That'll do.
You’re 100% right on every point . After seeing some of these last year I’ve held off until the redemptions are returned for this exact reason . I made the point on here a few months ago I thought people were crazy spending $600 on a Kikau patch when these are the patches they come up with and will sell for half that in 4 months Paul’s idea of using 2 jerseys is something they could look into .No reason they couldn’t have a new one at half time if something was organised, but organisation isn’t a fine point with them unfortunately. Also player selection for a few is confusing to say the least .

Have to agree with you on some of your points here....... the thing is that these booklets are stunning cards, where they fall down is the little extra things that make the go from good cards to extra special cards..

- making sure the patches are all multicolour and stand out patches. Put some effort into this.
- picking players that people want to collect ( I got lucky with the Panthers card being Kikau who is a decent player)

The point I made to TLA (when they were so focused on Road To the Finals and the patches having to be from jerseys worn in the finals - limiting which teams could be used) was that people really don't care in what specific game the jersey was worn, you just want to be sure that it was worn in a game by the player (a decent player) and you put great patches on the cards.

It's these little things that TLA don't do which always seems to let them down. They get 90% of the way there and let themselves down with the last 10%.

I mean look at the 1/1 patch cards from this year..... I mean how hard could it be to make sure you put THE best patch in the card.......instead you get this..... which turns what could be an epic card into a card id like but probably wouldn't want to spend big $$ on.

c14.jpg
Perfect example . Who thought it would be better to put half a patch of plain pink jersey rather than the panthers head 🤦‍♂️

Perfect example . Who thought it would be better to put half a patch of plain pink jersey rather than the panthers head 🤦‍♂️
All comes down to the good old dollar.
Tla, want to pay peanuts for autos and jerseys, so theyll get shit autos and jerseys players dont want.

Back
Top Bottom