Sonics could be dealing rashard

Hmmmm, i'm not sure trading him is the way to go, consistent and valuable scorer. He's explosive, maybe not the right defender for his size and position though. Ray Ray is getting old. I thought Rashard and Luke Ridnour would be the two guys to start the "NEW" Sonics team when Ray Ray got a bit too old?

My thoughts exactly, Rashard is a superstar scorer, Ray's shot seems to have left him...

let's hope by boyz string a few wins together

My thoughts exactly, Rashard is a superstar scorer, Ray's shot seems to have left him...

let's hope by boyz string a few wins together

After analysis of the Sonics roster and stats, I conclude that they are lacking inside.

Did they have Reggie Evans before? he's a player who really brings a lot of underrated talent and work to the table.

Bottom line is that Ray has not lost his shot. Ray puts up 25.3 ppg this season on 43% shooting and has only missed 9 FTA's this season. Rashard is great too, 22.9 ppg, 6.6 boards and a blisterning 49% FG shooting. Ridnour has put up great numbers across the board, he's been a true leader which is reflected through his 15 ppg and 7 apg. He's shot over 45% too.

The BIG MEN are the real problem, let's have a look. The only real rebounding/scoring threat they have is Chris Wilcox.

Chris Wilcox: 11.0 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 53% FG, 31.6 minutes

Here are the other big men who have seen regular minutes this season-

Johan Petro: 5.7 ppg, 4.00 rpg
Danny Fortson: 4.1 ppg, 3.7 rpg
Nick Collison: 7.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg

Those 3 big guys play over 20 minutes each, and can't even average more than 19 points and 15 rebounds combined.

They are really lacking inside. They have no consistent scoring threat, no consistent shot-blockers or defender either. Lots of big bodies, who do nothing.

In the off-season they should have looked to let Ray Ray go (while he still has value) for a quality big guy who can give them a double-double, but more importantly toughness in the paint and at least 16-17 points. Instead of drafting Sene with their lottery pick, they should have looked at picking up a talented 2-guard.

They are really lacking inside. They have no consistent scoring threat, no consistent shot-blockers or defender either. Lots of big bodies, who do nothing.

Robert Swift was a big loss, and i think Sene will develop into a shot blocking machine, but he is years away.

Trading Shard would be a mistake for Seattle

Robert Swift was a big loss, and i think Sene will develop into a shot blocking machine, but he is years away.

Trading Shard would be a mistake for Seattle

Agreed. They are in rebuilding stage and shouldn't be looking to trade away a great player for potentially instant success. However they really used the offseason wrong, they have 5+ big guys who all don't do muchh, they should have traded a few and one of their talented swingmen for a more balanced team.

Yea they'll need him with Ray Allen out:
Sonics All-Star Allen out indefinitely with bruised ankle

December 6, 2006

SEATTLE (AP) -- Seattle guard Ray Allen has a bruised bone in his right ankle and will meet with doctors on Thursday to determine when he will be able to play.

An MRI revealed the contusion Wednesday, one day after Allen missed Seattle's win over Atlanta with what the team initially announced was a strained tendon in his right foot.

The Sonics released a statement Wednesday evening that said Allen's status for Friday's home game against New Orleans is "yet to be determined." The 11th-year veteran and six-time All-Star leads Seattle in scoring at 25.3 points per game.

Allen didn't sound overly concerned about the injury before he missed his first game of the season Wednesday. He called it discomfort.

"It's giving me a lot of uncomfortableness when I move to my right side," said Allen, who missed four games last season. "I've always said if you're injured, you don't play. You sit down."

Allen said he first noticed the injury on Saturday during pregame warmups at Utah. He couldn't recall any missteps a night earlier at home against Indiana, but nearly pulled himself out against the Jazz. Trainer Mike Shimensky was able to adjust inserts in Allen's shoes and he scored a game-high 33 points through the discomfort -- including 20 in the fourth quarter of a two-point Sonics loss.

Yeah the Swift Pre Season injury has hurt them big time, they lack inside but mostly defensively, they giva away an enormous amount of offensive rebounds..

They also lack bench punch..what I'd give to have Maggette coming off that bench for 15ppg..

An incredibly the Sonics had maggette and traded him for.........Horace Grant

Would Maggette come off the bench if he was in Seattle? I think they'd go small and have Rashard at PF and Maggetteo starting at SF. That'd be cool.

Shard is too soft, I'd trade him too!

He's a short Dirk.... that's it. A Forward who loves to shoot triples.

Doesnt rebound too well, might even be suited at SG rather than the 3rd spot.

As for trading Ray Allen, yeah right... They'd need someone f-ckin decent there, and maybe Mike Redd would be ideal, but I still wouldnt see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom