Something for the Hawks fans

Is there much difference in the commons of the cheaper version to the more expensive set? I see you get a different auto in the cheaper set. Has anyone seen the expensive set split up yet?

Lure him in for a coffee, lock the door and then inspect each and every card before he leaves. If you find a bung card you can show him so at least you'll be making a direct complaint instead of over the phone or via email. Now some people may consider that to be kidnapping but I call it effectively exercising a consumer's rights.

Darren are the players cards the same in the budget as the deluxe mate? Are the extra autos the only difference? I'm glad you got your cards replaced.

I am fairly certain that the 130 base card set is the same. the Album set comes with 9 autos, the ball card, and some Medallist cards as well as captains and coaches. Comparing my set to the pics that Boofhead posted the base set of every player and all the premiership team photos are the same.

The exchange has been made!! All good and no need for any kidnapping or anything!!

Glad your all sorted mate, I had a few issues with my sets as well sent them both back today.
My Arthur sig in the tin was a little bit damaged as well. Few issues with the album.
Select seem to be very professional about replacing damaged and not up to scratch cards.
Ill keep you guys posted.

All in all, if you are a Hawks fan and you are thinking about dropping $190 on a box of Infinity (is that the name I forget) I would get this set first. for the same price, gauranteed auto of a Hawk legend for a start.

But of course I will be getting a box of Infinity as well!!

Overall I am extremely happy, Select are to be commended on this set.
There are 2 cards I will send back that have some sort of friction marks,
The album has a few small glue marks on it. The cover of the patch which
sits inside the front cover was open and the patch card was loose as a result
the back of the patch has the tiniest ding on the back im not concerned with it.
I am in agreement with other collectors that the textas used are to thick, my Dermy
sig. is a bit ****ty again not to fussed, I will live with it.
The set is truely amazing and for me the value is in the patch and autos.
The medal cards are really cool as well with only 250 of each of these cards
I would imagine they would have to rise in value. If you bought and split the set now
god forbid, people would go crazy for the autos and patches.
I got in pretty quick and got set 92 these will go quick. If you are a Hawthorn collector
you should get some funds together and grab one you will sorry later if you dont.
I have grabbed the tin as well as I need the other Graham Arthur sig. Im hoping its not damaged
as Ratsdms I will keep you guys posted. I will continue to scan entire set I will post when I do.

I was glad to here you think you'll make some good coin on splitting the set. I'm a League fan but have also kept an eye on the Hawks from the 80s onwards. I'm thinking of getting two sets splitting one and keeping the other :). I just have to wait for a few small things to fall into place but will keep everyone posted. What do you guys think the autos/patchs/commons would fetch roughly? Thanks. Chris

Back
Top Bottom