Some have all the luck

Sharks16

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Joel
Please forgive my incompetence if there is something I'm missing ,but I always assumed collecting cards was about opening packs/boxes or cases and hoping to pull something great ???? Then either collecting , trading or selling to complete sets or collections????You know like a hobby !!!! Sounds simple , but without putting on my police hat and throwing stones I am confused as to how certain sellers on eBay (Not talking about registered dealers/stockists etc ) have such a huge supply of certain cards even though it clearly gives a guide ie 1:6,1:36 100 per player or team . My calculation tells me the risk/reward from buying enough boxes/cases of say 2017 traders for example wouldn't cover it nor make it viable ????.The reason I raised this is because one of these clowns pulled a swifty on me and only contacted me after I notified pay pal (must of missed the dozen messages I sent via eBay previously). Whilst on the phone he slipped who he deals with (rookie error old boy )anyway I have my suspicions how , just thought I'd throw it out there.
Cheers Joel

Nice cryptic message I'm not sure what your point was but yes there are unscrupulous people in the hobby. These people are far and away outweighed by the number of good generous people who like you said share a passion for a hobby.

A common plan is to buy up all of a particular card and inflate the price if that is what has happened.

Hope whatever it is works out for you.

Cheers
Ross

Please forgive my incompetence if there is something I'm missing ,but I always assumed collecting cards was about opening packs/boxes or cases and hoping to pull something great ???? Then either collecting , trading or selling to complete sets or collections????You know like a hobby !!!! Sounds simple , but without putting on my police hat and throwing stones I am confused as to how certain sellers on eBay (Not talking about registered dealers/stockists etc ) have such a huge supply of certain cards even though it clearly gives a guide ie 1:6,1:36 100 per player or team . My calculation tells me the risk/reward from buying enough boxes/cases of say 2017 traders for example wouldn't cover it nor make it viable ????.The reason I raised this is because one of these clowns pulled a swifty on me and only contacted me after I notified pay pal (must of missed the dozen messages I sent via eBay previously). Whilst on the phone he slipped who he deals with (rookie error old boy )anyway I have my suspicions how , just thought I'd throw it out there.
Cheers Joel

I'm unsure what u r talking about.
I collect my team, and have multiples of most cards. the reason I collect multiples is I like to have a card on display and then the others in folders with the rest of the team sets. there are some signature cards that I have 10 of because it looks good in a 9 page sleeve and the one on display

I'm unsure what u r talking about.
I collect my team, and have multiples of most cards. the reason I collect multiples is I like to have a card on display and then the others in folders with the rest of the team sets. there are some signature cards that I have 10 of because it looks good in a 9 page sleeve and the one on display
Thats my point entirely . You are actually keeping them !! How someone can be selling 100 odd predictors for $80-$100 would make no sense ,as that has been the average price on eBay . Unless old mate is tricking 5 year olds down the local shops for 2 commons for a predictor ???Even buying random packs and pulling them ??? Even as predictors were 1:2 or 1:3 boxes whatever . That is a lot of busting????

Nice cryptic message I'm not sure what your point was but yes there are unscrupulous people in the hobby. These people are far and away outweighed by the number of good generous people who like you said share a passion for a hobby.

A common plan is to buy up all of a particular card and inflate the price if that is what has happened.

Cheers
Ross

Cheers
Ross
No that's not what happened to me , was just the lead up . I brought a card and then another 2 days later from the same seller . I sent msg asking if the first card hadn't already been sent could he combine postage . Seller explained he hadn't and would send together . Both had same tracking number , parcel arrived with only 1 card . Messaged him via eBay and left my number to try and sort out . Fed me bs story that he sent to someone else and wasn't sure who ????wtf !!!!! Said his son sometimes helps for pocket money and might of made a mistake !!!!!!
Also slipped he gets his product off a guy from Melbourne which breaks the "just a lucky breaker theory ".

there are sellers who buy lots and lots of cases. who on ebay are u talking about
Understand that , but how many cases you buying for 50-100 predictors when not a dealer??? Even if you were "mates" with a dealer and got say a "mates rate" that the general public isn't and selling seperate as to not look suss . Still smells fishy ???? What's that saying , if it walks like a duck haha

What's fishy?? I don't get your point here. There's plenty of sellers on eBay that would crack 20 cases.

What's fishy?? I don't get your point here. There's plenty of sellers on eBay that would crack 20 cases.
As I said mate , only a newbie but the cheapest I have seen cases going for was $1250 . 20 cases at that is $25k?? If people are making bank on that considering the dud boxes /prices that cards are going for ???? Are you available tax time lol

Back
Top Bottom