So I met an NBA legend today..!

veddertruth

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Gregers
About a year ago I purchased the jersey Robert Horry wore during the Shooting Stars competition from MeiGray.. Today Robert Horry paid Denmark a visit as part of an NBA arranged street ball tournament.. I figured I would give it a shot to get the jersey signed.. It paid off!

As you can see on my face I was pretty stoked :)

Boom! Complete with inscription an all!

So thrilled!

Cheers!

I would have gone for 'Big Shot Bob' for reference to the Shooting contest - but either way great piece of NBA memorabilia right there! Be proud!

Thanks guys!
To be honest he seemed a bit jetlagged and didn't interact too much with the fans other than what he had to..

I'd be surprised if he signed much more than a 100 autos total for the weekend.. And I only saw 4 inscriptions.. 2 were to city officials (the mayor and another big shot), one was to a really cool little kid who had impressed him, and one was for me.. I didn't even ask for it to be inscribed! I think he just thought it was an item "worthy" of an inscription.. As I gave the jersey for him to sign, he took a look at it and I told him that he wore it and he told me "I know"..!

I also shook his hand and got to ask him a question during a very short q&a session so I feel pretty lucky!

Last edited:
thats so amazing what an experience!, congrats on that amazing inscription! lol at him "i know" about the shirt!.

Enjoy it and as previous people said get that thing FRAMED!

What a story mate, what were the odds that the 2 would be together again, now that's a special story. Congrats on getting it signed and getting an inscription is just cream on top. I had a similar experience with Mike Tyson except I didn't have anything he wore to sign, just the whole experience of meeting him, getting stuff signed and I was lucky enough to be chosen to ask Tyson the last question during Q&A which happened to be NBA related haha

Nice! Meeting Iron Mike would be cool!

What a story mate, what were the odds that the 2 would be together again, now that's a special story. Congrats on getting it signed and getting an inscription is just cream on top. I had a similar experience with Mike Tyson except I didn't have anything he wore to sign, just the whole experience of meeting him, getting stuff signed and I was lucky enough to be chosen to ask Tyson the last question during Q&A which happened to be NBA related haha

Back
Top Bottom