Sneaky change to Ebay store pricing

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
Not sure how many other members on OCT still have an Ebay store.....but I got the email below on Friday (Sept 14th) that Ebay were increasing the price of stores from $24.95 to $49.95.....and the changes would take effect the next day. Now there is a chance I missed an earlier email...but I don't remember seeing anything about such a significant change.
It wasn't that long ago that the price to have a store was $10 per month. By Ebay's own admission the changes are aimed at attracting "proper" businesses to Ebay and making them easier for buyers to identify.
I'm not knocking the logic behind it....just the manner in which it appears to have been implemented.

Important fee changes to Basic & Featured Store subscriptions

From 15 September 2012, the monthly subscription fee for Featured (and until it’s retired, Basic) Stores will increase from $24.95 to $49.95.
This increase has become necessary as the fee changes made earlier this year (most of which were reductions) incentivised more sellers than expected to take advantage of Stores pricing. Buyers have different expectations about the service they receive when dealing with businesses compared to individual sellers, and Stores on eBay have become the easiest way for buyers to identify a business.
This new subscription fee is aimed at allowing the more serious businesses on eBay to continue operating a Store, while individual sellers should consider taking advantage of the 30 free listings* available every month.
We encourage you to consider operating a Store if you are running a business on eBay.com.au.

gee which part of the fee changes were reductions. i belive in most cases they have risen not gone down.and a proper business having a store right there the sellers that charge astronomical prices on their cards .all in all its just another grubby money grabbing stunt from THIEFBAY ......

Back
Top Bottom