Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Guys

We have had some instances of late where people have listed items for sale, only to have someone post negatively either about the price, product being sold or about the way the item is listed/being sold.

This is what could be called "white anting" - where someone undermines the chances of selling an item by making a comment.

If you aren't sure what this means, read on these scenarios :

SCENARIO A
Post 1 - An autographed card is posted for sale.
Post 2 - Geez that auto is really crooked, i'm glad mine doesn't look like that.

This comment, while probably not meaning to cause any harm, could very well undermine any chance the seller has of selling the card.

and another

SCENARIO B
Post 1 - I've got this card for sale and i'm wanting to sell for $25
Post 2 - This card sold on eBay last week for $15

If the seller wants to offer their card for $25, then let them. Any potential buyers can look up the completed listings themselves and make a decision on the value of the card. If you don't like the price, move along and find another card.

I have decided that from now, any such posts regarding a thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum will be removed and the person warned. This place is as much a sellers forum as a buyers forum, and people should be allowed to list their items without being undermined by other members.

DO NOT POST IN OTHERS BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS UNLESS IT IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO MAKING AN OFFER TO TRADE, BUY OR SELL THE ITEMS LISTED.

Please ask if you are unsure or wish to clarify.

Graham

Nice rule, but in certain cases like what happened a while ago, the member was going to pay way too much for a certain card can you message the member whos going to buy it to give them a little advice etc?

Nice rule, but in certain cases like what happened a while ago, the member was going to pay way too much for a certain card can you message the member whos going to buy it to give them a little advice etc?

like I said, a pm doesn't hurt :)

Good rule, and well implemented..."shame that's a sticker" is right up there :D

:D:D:D to the new rule Graham it has been happening alot more lately :( thanks god its going to stop :D

and yeah the old "pitty it's a sticker auto" comment is just a BS comment especially when neary every collector has got a sticker auto of some kind in the collection.

end rant :lol:

nice avatar, pity it's a michael jordan card...:)
:D:D:D to the new rule Graham it has been happening alot more lately :( thanks god its going to stop :D

and yeah the old "pitty it's a sticker auto" comment is just a BS comment especially when neary every collector has got a sticker auto of some kind in the collection.

end rant :lol:

Excellent new rule Graham, too many times people "chip at" other peoples items for sale!
They might not mean anything by it but your exactly right when you say it could effect the sale of the item.

:thumbsup:

Guys

We have had some instances of late where people have listed items for sale, only to have someone post negatively either about the price, product being sold or about the way the item is listed/being sold.

This is what could be called "white anting" - where someone undermines the chances of selling an item by making a comment.

If you aren't sure what this means, read on these scenarios :

and another

I have decided that from now, any such posts regarding a thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum will be removed and the person warned. This place is as much a sellers forum as a buyers forum, and people should be allowed to list their items without being undermined by other members.

AS A GENERAL RULE - DO NOT POST IN OTHERS BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS UNLESS IT DIRECTLY RELATES TO AN OFFER TO TRADE, BUY OR SELL THE ITEMS LISTED.

Please ask if you are unsure or wish to clarify.

Graham

i recently had someone come into one of my threads i was selling and he/she tried to sell a similar item in that same thread.

Just bumping this

AS A GENERAL RULE - DO NOT POST IN OTHERS BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS UNLESS IT DIRECTLY RELATES TO AN OFFER TO TRADE, BUY OR SELL THE ITEMS LISTED.

Back
Top Bottom