Signed Corey Parker Cards

I had a couple of prints signed by him on saturday night .He was very hesitant and questioned me where did i get them from and what am i doing with them

He reluctantly signed two cards for me after the Dragons Broncos game.

He asked me "how much do you get for these on eBay these days? A few bucks?" I replied that I don't sell them, they are for my personal collection - his reply "you don't need to lie to me, I know what you do with them". I again said, I'm not lying, I don't sell them - "yeah sure" and handed me the cards.

I saw him again at Penrith, I have two more I need for my PC, I didnt bother asking him tis time....

Unfortunately some of them just simply don't believe anyone actually collects for their own enjoyment. Everyone is trying to make money off them, hense they look at you with absolute distain and make you feel like crap even approaching them. Luckily some are still great and will stop and chat.

He asked me "how much do you get for these on eBay these days? A few bucks?" I replied that I don't sell them, they are for my personal collection - his reply "you don't need to lie to me, I know what you do with them". I again said, I'm not lying, I don't sell them - "yeah sure" and handed me the cards.

I saw him again at Penrith, I have two more I need for my PC, I didnt bother asking him tis time....

Unfortunately some of them just simply don't believe anyone actually collects for their own enjoyment. Everyone is trying to make money off them, hense they look at you with absolute distain and make you feel like crap even approaching them. Luckily some are still great and will stop and chat.

Owch. Maybe my pc might be mostly a non sig set!

He does sign - sometimes and only two at a time.

Be prepared to be grilled over why you want them though.

He brushed me two times before I actually got him and then got the above from him.

At least he signs sometimes. Will Chambers, Frank-Paul Nuasala and Loti flatly refuse to sign any cards.

What a knob .I go to a fair bit of boxing , and take my 9 year old who also boxes occasionally . Never once been spoken to like that by a boxer when my son or myself have asked for a photo or autograph. Spotted Tony Mundine at the star in January having a conversation with a police man . I was waiting till he finished and was going to ask for a photo with my boy . He noticed and stopped his conversation and acknowledged both of us and was more then happy . An Australian legend and better bloke. I also remember back in the Orana park days , I was at a Wests v Balmain game and the kids would wait after the game for autographs . Sirro walked out and pushed us aside and kept walking . Always think knob when I see him as well .

Last edited:
Matt Scott is a knob jockey!
It’s sad they have to be like that considering the money they have made out of the game . When some players go right out of their way . My son fell over the fence at shark park a few years ago on Father’s Day and split his head open on the concrete strip under the fence . He had to have his jersey cut near the collar when the stitched him up at hospital.The sharks invited us to a fan day and got him a fully signed replacement jersey . I couldn’t go to due to work but the wife said Fifita and Gallen and majority of the players were great but Todd Carney was a A grade tosser as well to the point of sulking when getting a photo with him . Was glad to see the back of him and his flat sideways hospital passes lol.

The weird thing with Parker, in about 2012, he was out injured and was in the Leagues Club shop one evening for fans to come and meet him and get sigs. I got about 8 cards signed that night and he was so nice and polite. He would have signed 30 for me, I reckon. Within three years, he completely changed. He had already played for Qld and Australia by that point. Maybe being made captain in 2014 and losing it in 2015 tipped him over the edge.

The weird thing with Parker, in about 2012, he was out injured and was in the Leagues Club shop one evening for fans to come and meet him and get sigs. I got about 8 cards signed that night and he was so nice and polite. He would have signed 30 for me, I reckon. Within three years, he completely changed. He had already played for Qld and Australia by that point. Maybe being made captain in 2014 and losing it in 2015 tipped him over the edge.
Maybe putting on a good sorts act in the leagues club or told to do it as a promo and didn’t want to get exposed . Bet they wouldn’t act like that if they were being filmed . Maybe get a mate to film them being cocks and post it lol ala Karl Stefanovic lol

Back
Top Bottom