Show off your graded cards

For grading type I put Comp for comprehensive, and not exactly sure if I am calculating insurance correctly but I do $2.95 for first $100 of value then $1.50 for each $100 thereafter, so if total value of cards is $400 then insurance would be $7.45.

some more graded cards.....

1962A1.jpg 1956A5.jpg 1983B1.jpg 1984A1.JPG 1949B5 180.JPG 1954C1.jpg

Last edited:
ah excellent mate!
Yer wasnt sure as they dont give you the abbreviations. looking good!
Will send a couple in when ive finished buying up from the current set

Is there much movement of the cards in the cases? They look very similar to PSA so I'm guessing there is a similar amount of movement dependent on the card. Any idea if the case offers any UV protection?

Check out their website cardgradingaustralia.com

As for the increase of price that remains to be seen. Grading hasn't really caught on in AFL card collecting yet, at this stage I'd say it isnt going to increase values the way it does for MLB and NFL cards in the US.

Is there much movement of the cards in the cases? They look very similar to PSA so I'm guessing there is a similar amount of movement dependent on the card. Any idea if the case offers any UV protection?

There is definitely a little movement, some cards more than others. I raised this with Craig from CGA after my first submission and he assured me they had undertaken some testing and were happy the potential for damage was negligible. The more recent cards seem to fit well, e.g. Scanlens and newer, its really just some of the really old and odd sized cards that don't always fit well into the insert.

Good question about UV, I have been meaning to ask. At the moment mine are in a safe so I am not worried, but would like to display them one day.

Check out their website cardgradingaustralia.com

As for the increase of price that remains to be seen. Grading hasn't really caught on in AFL card collecting yet, at this stage I'd say it isnt going to increase values the way it does for MLB and NFL cards in the US.

Personally I would be happy to pay extra for certain old iconic cards that graded 90+, particularly if it was the highest graded example. For example, surely a 1949 Coleman Vic Nut rookie graded 90 would be worth more than a 30. But I agree that the prices will likely be substantially lower than those in the US.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the highest price paid for an AFL card was an ungraded Scanlens 1963 Farmer for about $9k? If it is worth that ungraded I wonder if it would have been worth more or would increase in value if it was the highest graded example of that card in the hobby, i.e. graded 95+?

Update on my Coleman PC.....
IMG_0190.JPG

And recently picked up another Cazaly 1922 Thorps Choc Fudge that will be off for grading soon. Looking for the 1922 McIntyre Bros if anyone has one they want to part with (trade or sell).......
IMG_0189.JPG

I do like the grading. I am planning on sending off a bunch of older stuff soon. I must say however, that I am a bit perplexed how a redemption card with a big hole punched in it gets a 100?????

Back
Top Bottom