Show off your graded cards

skempautos

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hi all,

Haven't been a big contributor to this forum, usually just watching from the sidelines, probably many collectors doing the same thing. Anyway, have been getting some cards graded by CGA lately and considering there is no population reports available on their website, I was curious to see what sort of grades others have been getting. Thought it would also be fun to show off some hidden gems.

Here are some of mine (one Coleman still to be sent for grading):
DSC02251.JPG
DSC02252.JPG
DSC02253.JPG
DSC02254.JPG

Last edited:
If you're not in a hurry, with a 28 day turnaround it works out to about $10 a card including shipping for a bulk submission (e.g. 15-20 cards).

my only problem with them is they seem to lenient with the grading.
Most modern cards get 100.... lowest grade from them on a new card ive seen is a 98. feel the us have better grading or tougher grading which i much prefer.
did you get the written report with it?

Sorry mate but I respectfully disagree. Although there is always going to be a level of subjectivity in assigning the grades, I have had a couple of hundred cards graded by BGS (all basketball) and a little over a hundred footy cards by CGA and find them very similar. I actually prefer the 100 scale by CGA, seems to give a little more flexibility for the grade. I have had many modern cards grade less than 98 (will post some below), but I only tend to show the good ones, also not sure you would submit a modern card for grading if you didnt think it would grade high. For example, the Skilton signature below is a cracker other than being slightly off centre and it graded 80, which I still am not sure why. For me I think the most value is sorting through piles of vintage cards to find a mint-pristine example, which is a very rare thing. I have had about 8 Ablett 1986 Scanlens graded thinking they were all in good condition and hoping for a grade in the 90s, and the highest grade I have achieved so far was 85. So the pics I am posting are only the tip of the iceberg.....

Some examples of modern cards that didnt reach my expectations.....
2011C1 50.JPG 2002A2.jpg 1994B1.JPG 1996A2 80.JPG

Last edited:
thanks mate! nothing was meant to be rude with my response at all.
Im glad to see they mark hard... did you get paper work with the 80?

All good, sorry just didn't want my response to come across as rude........Didnt get a report on the 80, thought it would grade 95+ and therefore a report wouldn't be needed, also was thinking of saving a little on cost by not getting reports on a bulk submission. I have thought it would be really interesting to test grades between companies by submitting the same card, but there is potential for the shipping and grading process to reduce the condition, particularly if shipping to the US. Also, didnt really want to raise this but I have re-submitted the same card to CGA before just to see how consistent they are, and the grade went up by only 3.......

Not sure if you follow the US card market, but worth checking out PWCC auctions on ebay, hopefully this link works: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=142049986811&_ssn=pwcc_auctions&_sop=16. Not intending to compare the US and OZ markets, but the prices people are paying at the moment for vintage cards of key players in the highest grade is amazing!! There is a 1963 Topps Pete Rose rookie graded PSA 9 that ends in 6 days that is already over $120K USD....

All good, sorry just didn't want my response to come across as rude........Didnt get a report on the 80, thought it would grade 95+ and therefore a report wouldn't be needed, also was thinking of saving a little on cost by not getting reports on a bulk submission. I have thought it would be really interesting to test grades between companies by submitting the same card, but there is potential for the shipping and grading process to reduce the condition, particularly if shipping to the US. Also, didnt really want to raise this but I have re-submitted the same card to CGA before just to see how consistent they are, and the grade went up by only 3.......

Not sure if you follow the US card market, but worth checking out PWCC auctions on ebay, hopefully this link works: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=142049986811&_ssn=pwcc_auctions&_sop=16. Not intending to compare the US and OZ markets, but the prices people are paying at the moment for vintage cards of key players in the highest grade is amazing!! There is a 1963 Topps Pete Rose rookie graded PSA 9 that ends in 6 days that is already over $120K USD....

Interesting. why did you resend a card? any reason behind it? whats was the first grade and then to go up by 3?

crazy prices!! but do love the old cards. and you can but with confidence with them being graded also

The regraded card was a 1948 Kornies Bill Hutchison rookie, went from 38 to 41, thought 38 was a bit low and it was one of the first submissions I sent to CGA so wanted to test the system.

hey mate couple questions....
what do you put under grading type? (on the submission form) and how do you work out the insurance on it?

Back
Top Bottom