Show off your favourite card

IMG_20140930_170942.jpg

IMG_20150207_093728.jpg

FB_IMG_1431141052282.jpg

I know the thread says 'favorite card' but I couldn't help myself, hope you guys don't mind :D wanted to share this special piece of memorabilia I've had since the early 90's. I have MANY favorites each having their own reasons, but this one piece in particular holds sentimental value because my father bought this for me when I was in high school and back then there was no such thing as Upper Deck Authenticated or GIA or PSA/DNA etc.

Nevertheless I was hooked into the NBA and my old man knew how NBA nuts I was and surprised me with a Dream Team, team signed Magic Johnson jersey from 1992. It's not game worn, I'm guessing the company at the time got a bunch of replica jersey's in the locker room and arranged a team signing. My father got it from the US and it wasn't framed at the time, and you can imagine how blown away I was back then as a teenager. Anyway had just the jersey framed some years later and then had it reframed again to include the Dream Team trading cards (with each players stats from the Barcelona Olympics) and a team photo.

All the signatures look legit to me, none of them look dodgy, if I ever get the chance I'd like it to be authenticated but for the mean time it all looks genuine if you compare the signatures with any certified autos, considering back then NBA memorabilia was virtually non existent. Always wondered how much this piece would cost today, any estimates? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, this is what started the love of collecting for me and why I love this crazy hobby, here it is :)

DSC03237 - Copy.JPG

DSC03222 - Copy.JPG

DSC03223 - Copy.JPG

DSC03224 - Copy.JPG

DSC03225 - Copy.JPG

DSC03231 - Copy.JPG

That is beautiful, what a piece to own. As for price who cares if you never want to part with it... but with the caliber of players on there it would be worth heaps, if you ever did want to sell would be worth authenticating as I agree they all look pretty legit:D and that would only increase the value!

Looks absolutley awesome, i have heaps of memorobilia but nothing like this, If you DM me would love to know the great deal your dad got, i'm totally jealous of it

That is beautiful, what a piece to own. As for price who cares if you never want to part with it... but with the caliber of players on there it would be worth heaps, if you ever did want to sell would be worth authenticating as I agree they all look pretty legit:D and that would only increase the value!

Thanks mate, your right if there is just one single memorabilia I wouldn't sell it would be this one, I was just thinking playfully with a touch of curiosity the value of it. Don't get me wrong to me its priceless :hearts: What advise do you have if I were to have it authenticated? Who is the most reputable in the industry to send it to? Which would mean I'd have the jersey removed from the frame to send it.

Looks absolutley awesome, i have heaps of memorobilia but nothing like this, If you DM me would love to know the great deal your dad got, i'm totally jealous of it

Sorry Frank what is 'DM?' I have absolutely no idea how much he purchased it for, it was a Christmas present in the early 90's, even if I asked him today he probably won't remember. :)

I know the thread says 'favorite card' but I couldn't help myself, hope you guys don't mind :D wanted to share this special piece of memorabilia I've had since the early 90's. I have MANY favorites each having their own reasons, but this one piece in particular holds sentimental value because my father bought this for me when I was in high school and back then there was no such thing as Upper Deck Authenticated or GIA or PSA/DNA etc.

Nevertheless I was hooked into the NBA and my old man knew how NBA nuts I was and surprised me with a Dream Team, team signed Magic Johnson jersey from 1992. It's not game worn, I'm guessing the company at the time got a bunch of replica jersey's in the locker room and arranged a team signing. My father got it from the US and it wasn't framed at the time, and you can imagine how blown away I was back then as a teenager. Anyway had just the jersey framed some years later and then had it reframed again to include the Dream Team trading cards (with each players stats from the Barcelona Olympics) and a team photo.

All the signatures look legit to me, none of them look dodgy, if I ever get the chance I'd like it to be authenticated but for the mean time it all looks genuine if you compare the signatures with any certified autos, considering back then NBA memorabilia was virtually non existent. Always wondered how much this piece would cost today, any estimates? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, this is what started the love of collecting for me and why I love this crazy hobby, here it is :)

Utterly stunning mate (of course would have been better if Nique was on there :D )
Is one thing I really want to get for my collection.

DM Is Direct Message

Ah gotcha I think I'm used to facebook slang e.g. PM lol

Utterly stunning mate (of course would have been better if Nique was on there :D )
Is one thing I really want to get for my collection.

Cheers Mark, strange that he wasn't selected to be part of the original Dream Team, there's all sorts of stories why, 'he had achilles injury' 'they already had Pippen for defense and Mullin for shooting' etc Wilkins never got the respect he deserved. Did you mean you've always wanted 1994 Dream Team II signed Wilkins jersey?

Thanks mate, your right if there is just one single memorabilia I wouldn't sell it would be this one, I was just thinking playfully with a touch of curiosity the value of it. Don't get me wrong to me its priceless :hearts: What advise do you have if I were to have it authenticated? Who is the most reputable in the industry to send it to? Which would mean I'd have the jersey removed from the frame to send it.

Sorry Frank what is 'DM?' I have absolutely no idea how much he purchased it for, it was a Christmas present in the early 90's, even if I asked him today he probably won't remember. :)
PSA I think is the leading authentication place... but a lot of effort I would be too scared to put it in the post:eek:!

Ah gotcha I think I'm used to facebook slang e.g. PM lol

Cheers Mark, strange that he wasn't selected to be part of the original Dream Team, there's all sorts of stories why, 'he had achilles injury' 'they already had Pippen for defense and Mullin for shooting' etc Wilkins never got the respect he deserved. Did you mean you've always wanted 1994 Dream Team II signed Wilkins jersey?

Nah a signed Wilkins Jersey to hang on my wall. Seen many at varying levels of the price spectrum. Always wary of fakes though :crazy:

Nah a signed Wilkins Jersey to hang on my wall. Seen many at varying levels of the price spectrum. Always wary of fakes though :crazy:

If you ever get the chance definitely add a signed jersey and frame it proudly in your living room. I love the cardboard except it's hidden away and i can't enjoy it everyday like I do with all my framed jerseys, sneakers etc out on display. Hope you eventually find one it'll be awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom