UFC Should I get my 1/1's graded?

UFCtrader

Resident Freak
Real Name
Cormac
eBay User
cormac2k5
So I thought I'd blatantly and shamelessly show off my 1/1 card collection, which tonight grew to 9.

I am wondering, though, is it worth getting these graded?

Would it be worth the risk of posting them?

Would it add anything to the value?

Are there decent, respected grading services for UFC/MMA cards?

Would love to know what you all think...

Machida - Main Event - Fight Gear GOLD 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_1.jpg

Machida - Knockout - Auto OCT MAT 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_2.jpg

Hardy - Finest - Magenta Printing Plate 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_3.jpg

Hardy - Knockout - OCT MAT 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_4.jpg

Hughes - Knockout - OCT MAT 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_5.jpg

Faber - Knockout - Auto OCT MAT 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_6.jpg

Dos Santos - Title Shot - Mat Relic 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_7.jpg

Couture - Knockout - Triple Threads BLACK Printing Plate 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_8.jpg

Couture - Knockout - Triple Threads PLATINUM 1/1
MyOneOneCollection_9.jpg

That collection is the bomb. PSA and Beckett are the 2 main ones. I have a few graded cards myself (PSA) but I bought them that way. I have looked into getting some graded but after a bit of research I put it in the too hard basket and gave up lol. I would recommend posting in the basketball section, Im sure there are some seasoned veterans in there when it comes to grading.

I do remember one recent case of a chuck liddell Series 4 diamond 1/1 auto. It sold on ebay for about 400 and something. Buyer snapped it up, got it graded. The grade came back a gem mint. The buyer put it straight back on ebay and it went for over 1 grand (im pretty sure it went for around 1500). All within the space of a month or so. So i guess it all depends on the card and what grade it gets,

Of course grading will never harm the value of a card

Awesome cards, i Say no, read a thread by hairyangryfella and a basketball card worth $2K, why would u risk 2 legs of postage when they are already 1 of 1.

IMO low numbered cards (less than #d /10) arent worth the risk of getting graded.
If someone really wants the card, theyll buy it regardless of the condition...
Only cards worth getting graded are mass produced rookies, particularly condition sensitive.

IMO low numbered cards (less than #d /10) arent worth the risk of getting graded.
If someone really wants the card, theyll buy it regardless of the condition...
Only cards worth getting graded are mass produced rookies, particularly condition sensitive.

Indeed. Agree. That's what I did when I bought 1/1 card of the player I collected, although it has really bad condition (I believe if I send it to BGS to be graded, will be grade 5).

Back
Top Bottom